3.0L tdi's 1st Gen's long term options.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
I am investigating what my long term options are for my wife's 2011 q7 tdi.

It currently has about 180K km on it, and is running fairly well. We bought it with CPO back in September 2012.

I believe it will be one of the ones that doesn't have a fix available.

It's the most expensive car we've boughten to date, and we generally seem to be keeping vehicles up to 10 to 12 yrs old.

It's due for some maintenance soon. If I knew it was in our best interest to keep it, I would change out the atf, get a new battery for it, which are fairly big ticket items.

I called the local Audi dealer last week and the sales guy says we can keep it. No one fan make us go the buy back route. I wonder if we would still get some compensation from Audi if we plan to keep the vehicle another 5 yrs....

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Petee,

I have no intentions of handing in my 09 Treg TDI, but I do feel you're uncertainty. I'm working on my spring to do list, and it's getting up there, but it has to be done.

Now my wife says we're not getting another VW, but that's a long way away.

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG & 2008 E320 Bluetec
To get compensation you would have to let Audi modify your Q7. If they don't have fix yet, they will develop one soon. It's up to you to keep it or sell back to them.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
I wonder if my wife could sell me the vehicle and still get compensation.... And then I keep the vehicle unmodified.....

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
There is nothing wrong with modifying your Q7. It has urea injection, so modification will be just a different ECU program... and if you don't like it - get a tune - for $600 you'll get +40hp and old emission control logic :)

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
There is nothing wrong with modifying your Q7. It has urea injection, so modification will be just a different ECU program... and if you don't like it - get a tune - for $600 you'll get +40hp and old emission control logic :)
This is what i'm waiting for with my 09 Treg.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
I wonder if my wife could sell me the vehicle and still get compensation.... And then I keep the vehicle unmodified.....

No, I'm wondering if she transfers ownership to me, if she would get compensation as the prior owner.

Peter

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
The judge in US (Breyer) has stated that penalty compensation will be added on to the buyback settlement and paid out in two installments, the first coming as soon as this spring. The penalty would be for VW's fraudulent action in misrepresenting the car. Yes u would get this (if the Canada settlement is similar) probably by having to fix the vehicle, but it is by no means settled. And yes, even having fixed it you can always unfix it, but you would not be eligible for the warranty extensions on the emissions system and hpfp.

Last edited:

TQOOOO

Veteran Member
TDI
but you would not be eligible for the warranty extensions on the emissions system and hpfp.
TS has 180K on the car, it's no longer under any warranty except rust perforation warranty.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
I know my plans...Unless they give me stupid money they can go fly a kite.....and if they give me stupid money ill have a 15-16 tdi treg the next day to replace it...i LOVE this thing they will need to pry it from my cold hands