2010 jetta steering rack problem

BT3076

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cr
Whats up guys,

I'm having a red steering wheel indicator light along with the ESP light on the cluster and have no steering assist. I scanned the car which is giving getting a power steering control module no signal/ no communication and steering angle sensor code. A little background, I had the air box out along with the battery tray which made me take off the two most inboard wires on the fuse box (red and black). I ended up switching them when reassembling and drove the car. The car had power steering until the battery was nearly dead to which I discovered my mistake. I switched the wires to their correct post and all was fine. Now the codes will not clear. I know the rack will do a modified shut down once the system detects a voltage less than 9 volts, which happened in my case. I looked at the 3 wire connector that comes up with the power wire from the rack and that seems fine. I tried shooting those wires to the rack but I'm coming back with no resistance. Is the rack bad, ground wire issues? Any ideas?

BT3076

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cr
update,

it seems there isnt 14v being sent to the rack. We put a meter on the post (red wire) that goes to the rack and its reading ~1.3v. We checked the same post on my brothers 2010 tdi and it reads 14v. Is there a fuse located under the fuse box itself?