EGR Cooler rebuild for BRM engine

Tobe

TDI
1999 & 2006 Jetta's
Hi all,

I am pretty sure I have a fix for the late 2005 and 2006 Jetta BRW sedan EGR cooler exhaust leak. I fixed my wifes by bushing both sides of the butterfly shaft/housing and it seems to be working great. I would be willing to fix your unit for $100.00 if you pay shipping costs both ways. I know this sounds a little bit expensive but the bushings are expensive to have fabricated. These bushings take the stock bushing and casting errosion into consideration allowing ~.03" endplay in the shaft for thermal expansion/contraction. The bushings are sized with thermal growth in mind utilizing high temp adhesive to be used so the fit has to be a clearance fit. Since this is a first time experiment, I used Inconel .040" safety wire to insure the bushings stay in the housing in place. If your looking for a warranty or a pretty repair, go buy a new unit. I wanted to save money and did. If you want to take a chance with my fix, send me your core and I'll fix yours like my own. E-Mail me at tobermans@charter.net

Tobe

Tobe

TDI
1999 & 2006 Jetta's
Wanted: Leaky BRM EGR Coolers

I am working on a fix for the EGR Coolers for BRM engines which is just for the late 2005 and 2006 Jetta sedans. I am interested in finding a few units that are shot to experiment with.

Thanks,
Dan

tobermans@charter.net