Brought It home Today!!

Dezelduber

Well after looking all year, and lurking here since Jan. nearest VW dealer 100 miles away, just made the usual call last Sat. to ask do you have any TDI's? This time they said yes 3 just rolled of the truck, the wife and i jumped in our jeep and drove up to look, got there bout 30 mins before closing time...3 of them still wrapped in plastic...came back home and thought bout it...we chose the blue with beige leather...called and bought it over the phone Mon. Picked it up this morning...the other 2 already sold also...Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend
Dezeldubbing

------------------
2001 Jetta GLS TDI, Lux,
Galactic Blue, Beige Leather, Monsoon,CWP

Heinz57

Veteran Member
Congatulations !!! Welcome to the obscure and elite in the automotive world. Now you can proudly say " yea - she gets 50 mpg and tourques like hell !!! Upsolute next ???

Dezelduber

Thanks....and lots of thanks to everyone on this msg board...I did lurk for about a year
yea i can see my other vehicles getting neglected..LOL...no mods planned yet..but im am gonna head to the smokey mtns. this weekend and just drive around..LOL..and yes that MPG...that 109 relay still has me a bit worried...does anyone know if its still a problem on the 2001 jetta?

------------------
2001 Jetta GLS TDI, Lux,
Galactic Blue, Beige Leather, Monsoon,CWP

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Nope - they fixed it. Maybe. I've had my y2k Golf for a year now, and have had no 109 problems. Bought a spare anyway a couple of months ago, but haven't even thought about replacing the original.

------------------
"I love the smell of [burning diesel] in the morning. It smells like ... victory!"

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001 Glactic Blue Peral - SOLD
You'll be pleasently suprised how well the TDI does in the mountains. The torque takes over and will pull you uphill like you won't believe. Watch it going downhill as engine braking is minimal with no throttle plate to provide pumping restriction.

Our chief turbo engineer was here from the UK last week. He indicated the VW TDI is the most fuel efficient engine available although I'd like to check it's BSFC curves agains some Semi Diesels.

------------------
-65 Variant S (Squareback)
'81 Diesel Rabbit (deceased-mama's box of rocks)
$100 & $350 Beetles
33 years Diesel development
2001 Jetta GLS TDI Galactic Blue, Beige Interior, Alloys & Michelins

Secret Squirrel

TDI
Jetta, 98, Black
Speaking of neglected, I have a 97 Land Rover Defender 90 I used as a daily driver and after I got my TDI, it gathers dust in the garage. I do occasionally take it out to stretch the legs on it but at 15mpg I dont go far. 240 miles on a tank is the best I get in the pooch as opposed to 680 in the TDI. Its still a fun ride. I need to get a sunroof for the Jetta among other things. Anywho, welcome to the nutty world of TDI folks. We may be strange but we have fun doing it. Diesel Rules.