2005 Jetta Wagon Circuit Addition

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I'm trying to add a circuit for my Valentine One, however, I'm having a problem finding out which fuses are switched. I trace out a path using my Bentley manual's schematics for my year/model and identify a candidate fuse, however when I go to the fuse panel diagram, that fuse is identified as being for a completely different circuit! There seems to be several errors in the Bentley manual electrical section. (I've always felt that the VW schematics are the worst design possible).

The chart on the fuse panel cover is no help as it uses incomprehensible icons in a lot of fuse locations. Does anyone have a source for a list of fuses that are in switched circuits? How about an icon-to-text translation for the panel chart?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you are adding a circuit you might want to use the blank and connect to B+. Be sure to add the proper fuse for your new wire size and device. Don't forget to ground it.
Adding to an existing circuit can produce unwanted results.
HTH

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
If it was way down the line, then maybe there might be problems but in this case, I'm just tapping a switched 12 vdc line that is connected to the battery via a 110A fuse, i.e., Battery -> 110A fuse -> Ignition switch -> added circuit. The added circuit will have a 5A fuse in it; the V1 Direct Power Adapter already has a 2A fuse in it.

I'll be basically doing the same as here: http://mypage.iu.edu/~chihuang/vw/radar/