Adapter plate

geardriven

TDI
ahu
Hey everyone.

I have decided to put an ahu into my samurai. The initial plan was to run an acme kit with my stock trans/ttransfer case. I have now decided to run a w56 toyota trans.

The problem is I cant justify the cost of an acme yota kit especially by the time it gets shipped north of the border.

I have the ability to make an adapter and machine the flywheel but I would much rather pay for an adapter plate. I have searched everywhere till my face is blue and I cant find an alternative

What I have found is other guys making their own so I thought id try asking if someone would be willing to give up their cad drawings or even make me a plate.

Thanks ahead of time. PM me if you dont feel comfortable talking about it on an open forum. I have no intensions to re distribute anything. Just need to mate the two together and be done.

P.s. I will start a build thread when I am a bit further along with my progress.

geardriven

TDI
ahu
I am not a member of the mgexperience so I cannot see that one, also I had found that cad before, its great to make a big square with holes in it. It is a big help but it would be nice to waterjet the whole thing and not end up plasma cutting and grinding the final shape.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
Weird, I swear it worked yesterday. Hold on a sec, I'll post pix on here.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Now thats what this forum is all about!!! Asking questions, some *****ing about searching, the response and then a details :D I love it:D

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I added them to the TDIclub photo library

Last edited:

geardriven

TDI
ahu
I just got mine cut out on the plasma table and just got him to make me pilots, some holes need a taper for them to be flush, some tapped etc, its easier for you to do rather than try to explain what needs to be what iMHO.

Thanks again for the help guys

geardriven

TDI
ahu
I believe the above is a 4 cyl, I have a file I got given to me with a v6 plate, when I pick mine up I will compare and clarify, I do not have a way to open the file on my phone.

samuraitd

Veteran Member
TDI
ahu mtdi samurai swap, 1991 jetta ecodiesel
Post a pic if you're able! I would like to see how it turned out.

geardriven

TDI
ahu
I can post pictures when I get it, the guy who is supposed to cut it hasnt been returning my messages, I am going to find someone else to cut it out if he doesnt get back to be shortly.

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
I just got mine cut out on the plasma table and just got him to make me pilots, some holes need a taper for them to be flush, some tapped etc, its easier for you to do rather than try to explain what needs to be what iMHO.

Thanks again for the help guys
I thought you had it done?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I can post pictures when I get it, the guy who is supposed to cut it hasnt been returning my messages, I am going to find someone else to cut it out if he doesnt get back to be shortly.

how about a picture of this elusive beast in the wild? We all love pictures:D

geardriven

TDI
ahu
Its been a while I know but I have been in school so the time to find a new/reliable place to cut out the parts has been a challenge but I have found someone at last. The files I had have been reviewed and they are calling me when its done, they said by the end of the week shouldnt be a problem but I most likely wont get a chance to get it untill next week unless its done tommorrow. Pictures will follow.

I did have time to figure out dimmensions and the picture posted are for a 4 cyl pattern.

I am also sorry to those who have pm'd me, as I said I havent had alot of time and school has taken priority. I will also say again that I will NOT be distributing the diagram unless the member I got them from says its ok. They are his and I respect the decision to not distribute. Again sorry about that. If you have a problem with that, pm me but it is how it is.

geardriven

TDI
ahu
I thought it was already done? Lol.
You should really focus on reading posts/threads, All the info is there. Ill try point form to see if you can comprehend it.

-Had a guy that said he would do it, promised a timeframe, stopped answering emails
-I live in a small town which means noone has equiptment to do such a thing
-went to school, limited time for project purposes
-found new company to do it, sent files
-new company called me today, stuff is ready for pickup
-back to school, will be picked up tommorrow or thursday

Better for you?