Jeep covertion

Frenchy868

TDI
Soon to be Yj or Tj
So here we go... I have been on the fence between going with a v8 or a diesel engine for my dead 99 Tj and 90 Yj.... After lots of thinking and looking around I stumbled on a tdi jeep build on this website...

Plans are to make an adaptor plate to the ax15 bolt pattern... I was told today that the Passat tdi had an inline engine that was easier to convert into this type of project,,, is that true???

I got the diagram off of the pic form part of this website to make my own adaptor plate for 1.9tdi...

so step 1: take some plastic lexan and map out the tdi bolts.... un fortuity I don't have a 1.9tdi kicking around to test fit it... DONE

step 2: take the template and make a hole the size of the transmission input shaft... and put it on the transmission side so I can pick up the bell housing holes..

I know the AX15 has a dam long input shaft... since am looking into making my own adaptor plate and I hate aluminum with a passion(am aircraft structure tech) So il be going with steel plate with spacers... give a total of 2 inches thickness so the input shaft isn't impelled into the engine..

engine to fly wheel adaptor well I haven't gone that far yet but il figure it out...

work in progress!

fiy am French so I have a wired English