Can dealer reset mile to start countdown (adblue)?

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
So my 2015 is throwing both codes for the Adblue system. The recently released extended warranty does not cover 2015's.... So I have 75miles to restart and the service manager at the dealer 71 miles away said he would go to bat for me in fighting with VW to get this covered. I asked him if VW still denies it can he reset the miles to no start for me. He said they can but only for certain codes and he wouldn't be sure until I brought the car in.

To save me the trip does anyone know if dealers can reset that back to 1,000 miles or whatever it starts at?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
An AdBlue system failure starts a countdown at 250 miles, if I remember correctly. I don't know if this can be reset to allow you to continue to drive.

Before using up any more of your precious 75 miles, I would call Volkswagen's customer care hotline and open a complaint with them. Depending on how many miles you have, it may be covered under one of the other warranties, even if the AdBlue warranty doesn't apply to 2015s.

GTSLOW

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW & 04 Golf
So I spoke with customer care yesterday and the woman stuck to her "you are out of the 3/36 warranty" there is nothing we will do.

kulak

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat NMS
At least you could have replied you're doing the buyback and won't be considering another VW as a replacement.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
So I spoke with customer care yesterday and the woman stuck to her "you are out of the 3/36 warranty" there is nothing we will do.
If you're committed to doing the buyback ASAP, as I see it you have two options:

1. Park it until turn-in.

2. Try the resistor "repair" to keep it running on the cheap until you can get it turned in.

And, per post #4, threats over the phone to some customer service drone aren't going to accomplish anything

nord

Veteran Member
TDI
All turned back to VW. Now a 2017 Hundai Tuscon. Not a single squalk in 10k miles.
Just a thought...

My '14 played this game for no apparent reason. We forced a regen using VagCom and it cleared the problem. No further issues for over 30k miles.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The temp sensor alone shouldn't cause the countdown to start. At least on 2012's anyway... we drove ours for 20,000 miles that way.

-J

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The temp sensor alone shouldn't cause the countdown to start. At least on 2012's anyway... we drove ours for 20,000 miles that way.

-J
Correct. If it's doing the countdown, it's because the AdBlue system either can't inject DEF or the NOx sensor isn't reading correctly. Both are ironic, considering Dieselgate.