Tires

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
I just realized I have a set of those Hankooks on Subaru wheels. They were half worn when I got them. I put them on the car and I swore I had a broken gear or bearing in the rear axle. The noise was so clear and sharp I swore there was a mechanical problem.

The guys at Costco must not like their backs and knees!

N4TECguy

Veteran Member
TDI
NMS Passat TDI 6MT
I'm guessing you guys that are saying the Hancraps aren't loud don't have that many miles on them or just don't know the difference.

My Hancraps were garbage. They were horrible in the rain, forget about snow and howled louder than my SUV's all terrain tires by 30k miles.

They're junk.
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I've driven Honda's all my life, believe me I know what noise sounds like. My 07 Accord measured 81dB on the same road that my Passat does at 72dB, and I drove that Honda 28K miles its first year. I have 11K on the Hankooks and they are no louder than the day I picked up the car, and yes they have worn some already (mostly the fronts). Will they get louder? Probably, and when they do I'll replace them without grumbling about how old tires make more noise and reduce traction.

Last edited:

BigJimmy428

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Just installed the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus on my 2013 (235/45R18).

They are amazing compared to the stock Continental ContiProContact that mine came with. Noise comfort and handling are amazing!

Total with road hazard from Discount Tire was $700. They have a 70,000 Mile Treadlife Warranty.

They are rated #1 out of 32 for their size on TireRack.com

Anyone looking for a great tire should check them out for sure.

TDI_Ryan

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
The reason I think I notice the road noise so much is because my last car was a Lexus. There are plenty of nicer cars out there, but as far as road noise, Lexus set the bar pretty high for me. (Before that, I had a Z06....so yeah I'm a little schitzo...lol).