How to remove injectors to put nozzles in...

Metalhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
It's strongly recommended you break for the slide hammer. I had all my injectors out in under a minute... Best $40 I've spent.

However, in the old Injector how-to, they said you could slap a wrench on them, and twist a little bit. DBW says this is really really really bad. So I'm going to go ahead and say slide hammer.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=824794#post824794

Could try that, I think Wingnut made an updated one, but I couldn't find it. Do a search for it.

Jettadoor

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Auto 419,000Km. +/-(260,000miles)
It's strongly recommended you break for the slide hammer. I had all my injectors out in under a minute... Best $40 I've spent. ......
Absolutely!!

I spent 2 hours messing around to no avail and with a slide hammer it took me 2 or 3 minutes to do the job. The only way to go.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
You need a slide hammer.
Not really.. Although it's the preferred way to do this.

If you can get a wrench on the injector and twist it back and forth (Once it's unhooked from the fuel lines) they'll usually pop out without too many problem.

Jettadoor

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Auto 419,000Km. +/-(260,000miles)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
You need a slide hammer.
If you can get a wrench on the injector and twist it back and forth (Once it's unhooked from the fuel lines) they'll usually pop out without too many problem.
It depends how long they have been in there. There is so little space to get a wrench on there properly and use some force that if they are stuck a slide hammer is nigh well the only way to go (and the least likely to cause collateral damage and/or personal injury :D).

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
I edited my post to appease.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettSR5
You need a slide hammer.
It depends how long they have been in there. There is so little space to get a wrench on there properly and use some force that if they are stuck a slide hammer is nigh well the only way to go (and the least likely to cause collateral damage and/or personal injury :D).
I've done lots and lots of nozzle upgrades. Some come out and you're thinking 'Wow, that was easy' Others make you curse...ALOT! LOL!

Slide hammer is definitely the way to go if you can get your hands on one, but the job is still relatively easy without one.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
That's good to know. The head (an ALH) I wish to remove the injectors from is off of the car so I have more room to work with. I looked in the Bently manual and it simply says to remove the injector retainer nut, washer and retainer and lift out the injector. No mention of a special tool needed. Usually Bently is the other way; they call for a special tool and you don't need it.

--Nate

Last edited: