Pairing remotes to the BCM in the NMS

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Has anyone tried to pair keyless remotes to the BCM in one of our cars? I got a used highline control module so I could do factory style foglights on our SE car, however the adaptation channel where you tell it the number of remotes you want to add is always not available. I've made sure all the doors are unlocked, tried with the DS door open, closed, ran a clear command with channel 00... all to no avail.

The car the module came from had Kessy. Does that somehow change the matching procedure?

Thanks!

-Jason

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
From what I've read, this is a dealer task since they have to connect to the mothership and get all the black boxes talking nice with each other with the immo 5 that we have. My adaption map does not show anything for a fob. Only channel 6 for comfort remote control as 'on'. What channel you looking for? I only have 3, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33 listed, with the rest not available.

Bobmws

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE DSG
When I had the control module replaced in mine to fix the trunk opening problem, they had to reprogram the keys. I only had one key with me at the time, and noticed the keyhole cover at the door handle was missing when I got home. Turns out the mechanic had it on his bench and replaced it after I brought the 2nd key in to program.
Maybe to key has to be in the door lock for some reason when programming.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
So I found the lowline BCM has the adaptation channel:

Interesting that it says 5 remotes have been paired... only have the 2 that came with the car.

The highline BCM does not have channel 01 available:

I hope I don't need to retrofit kessy / change all the keys just to get the cornering lights working :rolleyes:

-J

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
So I found the lowline BCM has the adaptation channel:

Interesting that it says 5 remotes have been paired... only have the 2 that came with the car.

I hope I don't need to retrofit kessy / change all the keys just to get the cornering lights working :rolleyes:

-J
Don't worry about retrofitting KESSY, because that is not going to happen. ;)

filic

TDI
VW Sharan
Hello Guys, have you managed to pair remote controls? I have similar issue. Adaption channel 001 is not available on midline 086M BCM. When checking back the old BCM 084D I can match remote controls without issue.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
-J
So if you press Read in channel 1 it does nothing or it shows "N/A" or ?

Some MK6 and NMS have alternate programming instructions.

Go to Channel 0, do the reset to factory defaults.
Now to Channel 1, press "test" then "save"
Now press any button on a FOB, this should have it programmed.
Now while you are still in Channel 1, press "test" then "save"
Now press any button on another FOB

Now both FOBs should be programmed.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
I get the message: Error Channel 01 not available.

What is interesting: if I go to measuring block 091 it shows 2 remotes are paired, and in 092 the blocks change when I press the remote buttons, so this BCM has the right hardware.

I verified the coding on the 2 modules is the same. It just blocks the adaptation for some reason :confused:

-J