• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

feeler.... r32 bushings in MkIV control arms for sale $145Posted: 28 Feb 2011 12:12

p1bump

TDI
may all my TDI's r.ip. with another
feeler.... r32 bushings in MkIV control arms for sale $145

This is a feeler, I may move forward within a week or two and start offering these.

MkIV o.e. control arms with R32 bushings installed for sale, rubber o/e bushings only, no poly.
$125 shipped to your door (USA) plus core charge of $100 ($225 total) or for $115 for local pickup/delivery (Concord, CA)
Option of having your ball joints installed for the cost of balljoints alone. I'll get whichever ones you wish.

Sold on an exchange basis, with a core charge to be refunded upon receipt of good condition MkIV arms.
FedEx or UPS to you, core charge returned when I get your used arms.

This makes it way easier to setup for a simple arm swap and installation in the same day without your car being torn apart.
For all MkIV Golf, Jetta, Beetle, GTI and GLI models.

Let me know. I may also start buying used arms for $40 per set outright.

Would the TDIclubers be interested in this service?

of course I'm feeling it out, including the price folks would feel is a good deal. a penny for your thoughts, ok, I'm asking for your thoughts for free....

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
being that the r32 bushings are only $10.50 each from rockauto.com people will essentially be paying you $120 or so for you to... press in a bushing? serious? any mechanic would press them for you for like $30-40. its the labor to get them out and then get your car aligned thats costing the money. no offence just dont want to see my peoples taken advantage of.

p1bump

TDI
I haven't found them there for 10.50, but i did find LEMFORDER Part # 2713201 for $15.03 (r32 specific), for 2 and shipping it's $41 and change at which time it's better to order a kit from MJM or another reputable vendor cause you also get the new front bushings as well and shipping to your door for that price or better.

As for what I'm thinking of offering, it's a lot of convenience for those who do not have the equipment, experience or desire to learn how to do more than removing the old and replacing the new (to them) control arms loaded with the guts they want on the spot. No needing to run around town or the tool shop to buy/try/figure things out.

I'm located in the San Francisco region, labor costs here are very high at machine shops and garages. But no matter, for the kind of person who would enjoy this convenience this would be great.

It's not just $40 for pressing bushings, but also would include shipping to your door with an extra set of used OEM arms, repainted (perhaps sandblasted first before painting if needed) and ready for install. I'm also risking my control arms out with the possibility that folks will not send them back.

It certainly can make one's potential job a much more convenient control arm SWAP right there on the spot.
This may not be for everyone. But, I would have enjoyed it and see it as a service for a lot of folks...

Is the price wrong?

Last edited:
TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
guess they out of those... so here is another

partsgeek.com part number 7479-01079390. $31 shipped for two. like rockauto, its a reputable dealer.

if you have the knowledge and drive to remove the control arm yourself i dont see how you could not have the same drive to put in a bushing or go to your local shop and get it done.

if you include sandblasting/ paint/ powder coat i can begin to see the value in what you offer.

also you speak about the risk of sending your control arms out. you dont risk anything, you charge people full price and then you refund when they send you their core...

TDI
guess they out of those... so here is another

partsgeek.com part number 7479-01079390. $31 shipped for two. like rockauto, its a reputable dealer.

if you have the knowledge and drive to remove the control arm yourself i dont see how you could not have the same drive to put in a bushing or go to your local shop and get it done.

if you include sandblasting/ paint/ powder coat i can begin to see the value in what you offer.

also you speak about the risk of sending your control arms out. you dont risk anything, you charge people full price and then you refund when they send you their core...

p1bump

TDI
if I was sandblasting and powdercoating at that price why not just ask folks for an address to send money, wouldn't that be a good deal?

anywho, the idea was to ask folks how convenient they would consider this service. so, when I offered a penny for thoughts or asked for them for free, I respectfully recant that part and go back to see if it'd be something you would like alone.

apparently it's not for you..... and that's ok.

but I did take something constructive from your remarks and made changes. thank you.

p1bump

TDI
something occurred to me today while pressing another set of bushings...

one of the greatest problems I have, which is also why I feel it could be of value, is that in my household, there is not another vehicle to drive while one is apart to do this job. And if the only days you have off are saturday/sunday shops which do this are likely are not open. And doing it after work on a weekday with a family and children is not possible... then this facilitates and makes it a simple bolt in/out affair.

unless at least part of the above describes you, it's probably not of any value to you. But for me, and lots of married and or parent types out there, this could make the impossible simple and relatively affordable for a weekend afternoon affair.

just sayin....

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Trust me, any bushing form $10-15 will be a piece of crap in my opinion.

I would only want the Genuine Audi TT bushing for the rear and a Genuine VW bushing for the front.

I've heard too many horror stories here that the aftermarket bushings only lasting 40,000 miles (or less!). 40,000 miles come up WAY too soon.

I have 143,000 miles on my stock bushings and they just now really need changed out.

Some things I just want Genuine VW (or Audi). Suspension pieces, strut bearings, wheel bearings, thermostat, just to name a few...

p1bump

TDI
i hear where you are coming from.... but I try NOT to go to the dealer to buy lots of things due solely to the cost.

I have several wholesale accounts at local auto parts houses and one particular source has agreeable prices on FEQ (which stands for first equipment quality). I was skeptical of the brand but figured i'd give it a shot and when I recently ordered a set of LCA bushings to check them out Meyle is what was sent.

What was misordered was the regular rear MkIV bushings with the kidney shaped holes instead of the solid ones. Back to the shop I go... it takes time to iron some things out with inexperienced countermen/women, BUT Meyle is what showed up.

Some of the packages for Meyle products indicate Chinese origin, the front bushings in specific. Such is the world we live in..

Last edited:
TDI
couldn't locate that part number either.
dont know why the part numbers are moving around but here is another.

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2004/volkswagen/golf/suspension/control_arm_bushing.html

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/control_arm_bushing/audi/tt_quattro.html

also, all these bushings act the same and have the same lifespan. ive used brands like moog and faq without issues on multiple cars.

lifespan will be decreased perhaps if you use a different material.

regarding yours 140k bushings... ive seen cars with 50k and the bushings are wiped out. this is not a mileage issue but an issue with how much the suspension travels and the weathering conditions the part has to endure.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Meyle is what you don't want. Chineese doesn't really have anything to do with it. It's Meyle. They have low (er) standards. You may want to find Febi, or another brand but I can't think of it now.... it's Lemo... or something as I remember...

I'm afaid if you go with the Meyle, you're asking for trouble, imo.

p1bump

TDI
Meyle is what you don't want. Chineese doesn't really have anything to do with it. It's Meyle. They have low (er) standards. You may want to find Febi, or another brand but I can't think of it now.... it's Lemo... or something as I remember...

I'm afaid if you go with the Meyle, you're asking for trouble, imo.
Eeek...

Well, Meyle is what I installed in our '04 wagon a few weeks ago. I just pressed another set of bushings into another set of arms today, this set was from VW. The Meyles sure had a lot more rubber, just like the brochure says, the material didn't seem/feel as stiff as the OE bushing.

A cross section view of the two bushings would be exactly as the Meyle advertisement shows.... don't know if that means it's better or, as you implied, no better at all.

The other brand you are thinking of is Lemforder I bet.

p1bump

TDI
New set available, second to the last I currently have, FEQ/OE bushings with a fresh coat of paint. If you want Lemforders or Meyle let me know and I'll get the bushings coming.

photos of the current set

Last edited:

p1bump

TDI
I wish things were that simple. Feq works well in some circumstances, not in others. Same can be said of even factoey parts, anyone remember the water pumps with plastic impellers, or the current issues on mk5 tdi fuel pump failures?

one must review these broad generalizations on a case by case basis.

lets not forget, they are sourcing parts from china AND
building entire cars there now.

p1bump

TDI
So the arms I bought are the OE VW solids yes?
hey Jethro, i've been doing homework on the forum looking up FEQ here and I see a lot of "hate mail" for the brand, mostly heresay, but just the same, I want you to be happy. If you wish to send those back I will be happy to put lemforders in there for you and ship them back on my dime. Or, I have another set with a fresh coat of paint I press Lemforders into them and send em to you if you return the others to me.

I've used FEQ bushings on my sisters 1999 2.0 jetta and they went for years and did so trouble free until we sold the car, this was before comparing them to the $49/each VW dealer ones which they appeared identical to. Ultimately, the only complaint I hear about them is cracking/drying out. Here in the SF/Oakland/San Jose area we have extremely mild weather compared to most of N.A. No freezing/snow nor extreme desert heat, so maybe that's a factor.

U let me know and I'll be happy to change them if you would like.

rich