Premium Fuel in Los Angeles?

TribalMinds

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, White
Is the best fuel to use the Arco ULSD? Has anyone found a retail pump for biodiesel? Any help would be great!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
There are no BAD brands of diesel in California -- and I do not think there are any that are markedly superior. It is all pretty good compared to what others find elsewhere in the country.

I try to buy from low-priced stations that seem to sell a lot of diesel (so they get regular deliveries of fresh fuel). The high-priced stations don't sell as much, so their fuel sits in the tanks longer (with the potential of absorbing moisture).

So I recommend buying the cheapest diesel you can find. ARCO, Thrifty, independent stations... it all comes from the same 4 or 5 refineries.

TribalMinds

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, White
Thanks for your replies, I usually buy the arco diesel but I find that the 76 has a bit more zip. The Arco is usually 10 cents cheaper. . . To biodiesel or not? That is the question, The station that sells bio d that I know of is in Cudahy and there price was about the same for B20 as to other stations selling Dino Fuel. . . /images/graemlins/eek.gif