2.0 CR big turbo build, aiming to set WR

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
both are possible. I like cp3 more because of the more robust design, if I look to cp4 inside I still wonder myself each time again how this can even remotely work lol

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
I did not remove the cylinder head on my car because replacement car is not ready, this week i hope to finish it somehow.
Lots of work to do between head work, cp3 , timing, injectors , cams.
Hope to put the cams properly inside the new head as i dont have VAG tools.

And after everything is done, i have the 7speed DQ500 gearbox to fit on the car, and i really dont wanna do that, because i will aslo have to build a new downpipe :(
For the beginning i'm gonna try to see if 02E remapped holds 550Nm, if not , gonna leave the car in Bucharest to be finished and fly home.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Ordered the 4bar MAP from Bosch, genuine 33€ with discount 03K906051 , usually 50€
STAR diesel quick connect fittings for the CP3 pump
turbo upgrade to 2265 maybe ..still thinking of what to do

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
What is the max power you can get from cr140 injectors? Assuming with a good tuning and a cp3 conversion

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
depends on railp and amount of air u can or can not get into the cylinder.

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
Assuming those were maxed out as well im thinking of moving on from 8v pd to 16v cr would they outflow my firad 120s ?

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
probably i'm gonna put a big hole in my pistons in the next few days ..to be continued ;)

on the 303hp tune from what i understand the amarok biturbo injectors are almost maxxed out, not much left (nozzles only mounted on CBAB inj body)
italians also were at the limit on the 03L130855X injectors (identical to mine)

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
are injectors straight in to the head? maybe you could use 24v cummins nozzles or something

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
no hopes and no praying here, just hard work, test and retest till i make it work
I had a go at the B8 injectors with no luck last night
there are some differences and not possible to mount them, holding plates are not good, top seal around the injector also doesnt close , water could end up right inside the cylinder head .

my n1 looks pretty bad compared to the other injectors

this is the B8 injector , doesnt fit well inside the head and top seal has a few mm on each side, **** would get into the head

Sticks out way too much

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
How big are the probabilities to put a hole in my cylinders if i mount the injectors in a good position?
How important is the spray angle?

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Spray angle is important. But in this case it helps a bit becase it is symmetrical spray in center of the piston. Its different story on 8v engines. So staying inside +/-2degrees you should be fine

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Talked to Bosio in Italy 5 min. ago, they are studying the CR injectors but not gonna be on the market any time soon, there is a problem sourcing the material to build them as they are very different from what they do now.

The advice was to mount the B8 pistons together with the injectors, to play it safe. Shame that pistons cost more than my engine.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
anyway dont fit your rods as they run bigger than 26mm piston pins.

on a side note, yesterday I maxed out the 3.0 biturbo HFM and a renault R70 cp3 =)

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
i have the Peugeot CP3 R70 small and nice, i have 4 of them and 3 more on the way.
Ruben Give us some numbers just for fun :), on what engine did you put the cp3?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
sure. maybe not the pump but at least the stock metering unit that came on that pump.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
fuel ain't fuel. there is a significant difference between mass fuel per cycle or mass dot fuel per time