www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old July 16th, 2017, 21:00   #6121
Smokin_Joe
Veteran Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsation288 View Post
i am in the same situation than you ...i find weird to wait for the fix before having my goodwill money ?
Most of us have received our "Goodwill Money"...
The goodwill money was in the form of the 2X$500 gift cards..

In order for to guarantee that Volkswagen makes good on it's violation of the law, Volkswagen has to either remove the cars from circulation or repair them.
Think about it...
They aren't going to give you all the money without being able to regain or repair the vehicle.
Seems to make sense to me
Smokin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 15:13   #6122
robertgalka
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafing View Post
I am keeping both a 2009 Jetta & 2015 Golf because it will be my lowest cost option & I love the low fuel consumption/CO2 emissions. I completed my claim for both vehicles, was told to wait for 09 fix and was told to book an appointment with dealer for the 2015. I had the Phase 1 software mod done in Feb. The dealer rep said all I had to do is wait for my 3.5K cheque & that I did not need an appointment. So, I called VW claims (was quick & easy to reach, surprise, surprise) and they checked into my file number and said I did indeed need to book an appointment. I must be missing some logic here, the Dealer said they informed VW when Phase 1 mod was done. So, I have 2 stories, have booked an appointment online this morning & Dealer hasn't got back to me.
Can anyone clarify? I will pursue with Dealer tomorrow but am curious how others fared (I am assuming some are hanging on to their vehicles....).
Any updates yet? I'm in the same boat as you with my 2015.

I had a 2014 that I sold on December 10th 2015, and I did get an email that a cheque is in the mail.
robertgalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05   #6123
crashtested
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ---->

Odd - Is Rice Point taking the next 3 weeks off?

Just looking at booking an appointment and nowhere across the province (BC) is there a time slot available until Aug 14th or later... Say what now?

Last edited by crashtested; Yesterday at 11:07.
crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:13   #6124
Lucsar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post

Just looking at booking an appointment and nowhere across the province (BC) is there a time slot available until Aug 14th or later... Say what now?
Funny you mention this topic. I booked an appointment for Aug 11, about 3 weeks ago. When I was looking at the booking schedule the month of July was wide open as well as the month of August(my own fault, but what can you do) I still hadn't found a replacement car, so I gave myself some extra time. Well, wouldn't you know it a great little car came along, too good to pass up so I bought it. Ever since, I've been struggling trying to bump the appointment up to a sooner date, preferably end of July. I called appointment hotline, emailed Ricepoint, tried every thing., no such luck. The best they could do was August 8. Oh well...atleast I tried. Funny thing is, every day I get home from work, there's a message on the machine asking for me to call back with a mileage update. Can't wait till this is done...

Last edited by Lucsar; Yesterday at 14:14. Reason: it
Lucsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:23   #6125
Thoiry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post

As I understood, they need roughly 20 days to prepare, thus you can't book an appointment for the time slot in 20 days, right? Our appointment is this Saturday, July 22, which we booked about one and half months ago.
Thoiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:42   #6126
ElectricMayhem
Veteran Member

Just for fun, I submitted claims for trade in and straight-buyback in case I had a moment of weakness and wanted to buy another VW.

The trade in offer came in $1000 less than the buyback offer, which wipes out any tax advantage. So I guess I'll be doing the buyback in a few days.

I hope I actually get the $20 xxx as long as I don't go over the 2000 km since my call, which I am being very careful about.

Last edited by ElectricMayhem; Yesterday at 17:06.
ElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:27   #6127
GD
Veteran Member

Anyone in the GTA returning their TDI? As I need the rubber cover for the high beam bulb for my Jetta. Apparently 2009 to 2014 Golf/Jetta fits.

Thanks!
2004 Jetta TDI PD (BEW) Platinum Metallic Grey 340,000 kms SOLD
2000 Jetta TDI ALH Black 398,000 kms, TT LCA Bushings, TB changed at Windex GTG SOLD
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:31   #6128
paperthin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 A3 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD View Post
Anyone in the GTA returning their TDI? As I need the rubber cover for the high beam bulb for my Jetta. Apparently 2009 to 2014 Golf/Jetta fits.

Thanks!
Hey sorry i would totally have given you mine from 09. It is already long gone on July 10th, the timing was off.
Old Today, 06:30   #6129
crashtested
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ---->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoiry View Post
As I understood, they need roughly 20 days to prepare, thus you can't book an appointment for the time slot in 20 days, right? Our appointment is this Saturday, July 22, which we booked about one and half months ago.

Bingo!! I totally forgot about that.