Intake cleaning now no start

harry3

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta tdi auto converted to 5 speed. 2003 tdi jetta 5 speed.
c-clip

I picked some up at the hardware store when I did mine, bought 2 sizes. 1/4" and next size up. I THINK IT WAS THE 1/4"

jjlrrw

TDI
2000 Jetta
Well got the actuator today got it on after a bit, much more power, I have a few more vacuum lines to replace then need to get the vacuum pump again and see if the actuator is adjusted right. Will drive it tomorrow and see how it goes on a longer run, so far so good.

Thanks for all the very useful information!!!

jjlrrw

TDI
2000 Jetta
Very nice! Thanks, I need to find a better vacuum pump the one I used from advance auto was too course hard to get it less than 5.

RacerTodd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Go to eBay a find a Mityvac Silverline MV8500. It's made of metal instead of plastic. The MV8500 also comes with a nice, plastic carrying case.

The plastic Mityvacs work fine, but are prone to breaking after years of use. If you'll likely only use the Mityvac occasionally, the plastic will do but if you plan on using one regularly for years to come - go metal.

jjlrrw

TDI
2000 Jetta
Go to eBay a find a Mityvac Silverline MV8500. It's made of metal instead of plastic. The MV8500 also comes with a nice, plastic carrying case.

The plastic Mityvacs work fine, but are prone to breaking after years of use. If you'll likely only use the Mityvac occasionally, the plastic will do but if you plan on using one regularly for years to come - go metal.

I stopped by Harbor Freight and picked one up for $20 after a coupon seen the mityvac but passed was about $15 more.

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-bleeder-and-vacuum-pump-kit-69328.html

Looked like it was adjusted very close based on your video. Thanks again!!