2012 Q7 Tdi oil leak

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
Truck is marking it's territory worse than my Harley does...looks like def and oil mix. Any one have this issue?

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I haven't yet (knock on wood). Have you taken a look below? Might be something as simple as a leaking oil drain plug.

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Leaking THAT bad? How many miles on it? It's only 4 years old. They should be paying for that.

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
Yep leaking like a mofo over night!! 76,080 mostly trouble free miles...love the damn thing but i'm sick thinking they have to drop my drivetrain to replace $70 worth of gaskets.

JBell

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Might just be luck of the draw. I haven't heard anything on the Touareg forums about a seal issue (same engine).

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
Yep...i usually draw a crappy hand. We love the mileage, sport look of the S line and feeling of surefooted traction. I was looking into performance upgrades before this snafoo.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Have someone that can give a second opinion? All too often I have heard this diagnosis and it winds up being something above that area. It just happens to be the lowest point where the oil drops off the engine, so they assume it is the main seal. Plus it is a nice payday for the dealer.

Never worked on that particular motor, but in general, VW/Audi engines rarely leak at the rear main. On most of the VW/Audi engines there are a few slots/holes between the engine and transmission that you can shine a light through and tell if indeed there is oil coming from the seal or above it. Good luck.

Rx Burner

TDI
Q7 S line Plus
Dealership have had our truck for over a month now and set back after set back from warranty company. We like our new 2015 3.0 T loaner but miss our Sline Tdi and want it back soon!!

Thanks for the insight...

Sincerely