My rear defrost don't work...

CJB1981

TDI
2011 Jetta Confortline
Hi guys,

I just bough a 2011 Jetta TDI Confortline two weeks ago from a car seller and I'm actually running a marathon to get the car working properly for winter.

I tried to use the rear defrost last day and nothing happened on the back window ! :confused:

1) When I pressed the defrost button, it lighted up on the console, but the fog/ remained on the back window.

...Actually, I'm in a kind of a worry because winter is coming fast and my student budget don't allow me to bring the car to a mechanic...

Here is what I did:

I looked on the internet for electric diagram and found NOTHING valuable... the only "not so bad" electric diagram is an incomplete/confusing fuse box diagram where some fuses and relays are not even identified or located at a different place in the "under the dash, driver side fuses box"...

On the diagrams on this link, the fuse:" F44 " is supposed to be for defogger relays. The fuse is "ok" and a relay make a "click" when defrost button is pressed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5l70xaJNUFJUmltOEEzcUptUlU/view

I don't know which one is the good relays but I heard a "click" when I activate the defrost button.

I need help plz!

here is what I think I need to fix it:

2011 Jetta TDI electric/relay diagram(from driver side fose box) to know which relay is the good one...

some indication to check the wire going to the back windows (where it is? and some identification on it?)

Maybe a "ckeck list" or a fast step-by-step?

ANND! How do I f... get access to the defrost connectors on the back window?? everything is hidden behind a plastic part and I would like to know how to disassemble everything properly. I looked on Youtube but find nothing valuable yet :( So if anyone have already take everything out for any reason and remember the procedure, I'll be glad to try it out.

I am a full-time college student, I also do a distance college course and as if that was not enough, I am also doing business start-up certification. I am super busy, I stress my life because winter is coming soon and I have to fix this ASAP. Oh God please help!!

CJB1981

TDI
2011 Jetta Confortline
Hi again,

After lots of researchs I finally give up and get the car to a garage and they find out that the defrost cable(the plate) is not "glued" to the back window.

They warned me that If I try to repair it with some copper adhesive(repair kit from canadian tire), there is a chance for the windows to "explode"...

Have you guy ever get through this kind of problem and what did you do to solve it?
(dont tell me to "change the back window", I know but that's the last option for my student budget).

thx a lot for any suggestion ! :D

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I wish I could help you..but just don't know..I hope someone here can help!.. Good luck!

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I used the repair kit from Canadian Tire on our wagon more than 4 years ago and it's still working. It hasn't exploded either ;)

Simon