GTG: Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I hate to break it to you, but the coffin shop you linked is about 15 to 20 minutes north of town in Carlsville technically.
I'm going to be picking up 16 hamburgers, so hopefully whatever you're bringing tastes even better than your brats. ;)

I hope you meant to type coffee shop. lol It was just a suggestion, anyhow.

Yes, I do think you'll like this better than the brats. Lots of flavor and rib stickiness for the cool weather.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
You're more than welcome to drive up on Friday and crash at my place, so it splits up the driving time for you.

I'll see if I can get ahold of the 2 people that I know are Malone Tuning dealers if they would be interested in attending.
Thanks for your generous offer, very kind of you. Working in Chicago today, then back to the lake tonight. I should have checked the Midwest forums sooner so I could've planned better in advance. Lesson learned.

It may not work out this time for me, but I hope everyone has fun and is safe out there, and hope the weather holds out.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I hope you meant to type coffee shop. lol It was just a suggestion, anyhow.
Yes, I do think you'll like this better than the brats. Lots of flavor and rib stickiness for the cool weather.
Good catch on the Coffin Shop ;) Darn autocorrect on my "smartphone" changing things on me after I entered Coffee Shop.

I'm looking forward to trying whatever it is that you're bringing up. I do have one question though...does it require plates, napkins, forks, or a knife, since I don't have a whole lotta those things.
If it does, could someone please bring some utensils, plates, and napkins would phenomenal.

Thanks for your generous offer, very kind of you. Working in Chicago today, then back to the lake tonight. I should have checked the Midwest forums sooner so I could've planned better in advance. Lesson learned.
It may not work out this time for me, but I hope everyone has fun and is safe out there, and hope the weather holds out.
You're welcome. I try to help people out when I can.

Yeah, it pays to check the Midwest sub-forum every couple of weeks to see if an event popped up in your area.

There's a GTG in Michigan on the 27th of October and I know Jeff from Rocketchip is going to be there. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=489967

On a different note...unfortunately the RTDI won't be back from the shop in Appleton due to a Throttle Position Sensor failure. The Jetta blew an intercooler pipe at a track day a month or so ago and haven't had time to fix it, so I won't be able to use that for the cruise either. :(
So who's up for me riding with them and leading the group on the cruise?

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Eric, I'm bringing some plates and plastic spoons and forks along. I'll grab some napkins, too, in case they're needed.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I'd definitely say the weather put a damper on this years cruise/gtg. It was a much smaller than normal turn out, but we made the most of and explored the southern part of the county for something different. Luckily with the aid of google maps, we only had to backtrack once.

Thanks to the guys that showed up and soldiered through the nasty weather with me. All we can do is hope for better weather next year. :)