Keyles entry front door touch sensors

degallina

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI premium w/nav dsg, 2005 GMC 2500HD lly duramax/allison
Am I missing something? Suddenly touching either side door handle sensors will not lock/unlock doors. I've tried both fobs also. Both fobs do work when pushing buttons, and trunk will open when I touch handle with either fob, just no front door touch lock/unlock.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
A VW with electroinc issues?

i don't believe it!

prabbit

TDI
2012 Golf
Did it use to work? You imply it did work by using the word "uddenly." Just want to check. How long have you had the car? It took me a few days to figure out where to press (and how firmly) before I got the car to lock. I've never had a problem with it unlocking though.

degallina

TDI
Yes. They did work flawlessly. Very quick reaction times.
We have had the car since Oct. I knew nothing about this feature until mid-Oct when I got around to reading the owners manual, dealer never mentioned it. My wife is the primary driver, but I do drive it now and then. This is the first bit of any problems we have had with this car. My wife loves the looks and drive of the car. I was not sure she would like it getting out of a 99' Tahoe. I love it because the amount we would spend monthly filling up the Tahoe ($395 average) pays a new car payment and a little fuel for it.
Have appointment Friday at the dealer. I will update on the problem then. The car just had its 1st service at 10k miles, it has around 11k now.

Jim W

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
When you try to lock the door do you just place your thumb in the indentation only? My wife complained to me awhile back that the doors would always unlock and she could not lock the door. So I watched her locking the door and she was sliding her hand down into the handle assembly area on the inside of the handle. The sensor was noticing her fingers and would un-lock instead of locking the car doors. Just something for you to think about. I always make sure that I only use my thumb to lock the door.
Jim W.

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
This worked for me when I had the same problem...

Remove the key cover on the drivers door. With the door closed and locked, insert the key and then twist the key to unlock the doors and hold it in that position until the windows go down. Then twist the key in the opposite direction to lock the door and hold it in that position until the windows go up. Remove the key, wait 30 seconds and then try touching the door handle to unlock the door.

degallina

TDI
""Vbigdog" Thank you! It worked!
My wife took the car to dealer yesterday and sat for 2 hours while they tried unsuccessfully to fix this problem. It ended with her having an appointment 2 weeks from now to have the handles replaced. It took a total of 2 minutes to fix using your method. Thanks again. Love these forums and my VW, my dealer has proven to be a moron.

degallina

TDI
By the way, last night after my wife's visit to the dealership I opened the owners manual and tried to synchronize the key using the method described in the manual with no luck. Vbigdog's method did work.

jetta rhody

TDI
Jetta MK VI
I'm having the same problem, but I tried vtbigdog's solution and it didn't work :(

Also, I get the message "check keyless" scrolling across the mfd. It always happens when use the key fob to unlock or lock the doors, but it also displays the message a few times when I'm driving.

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Jetta rhody...

What year is your Jetta, because if you have an MFD I don't think you have a 2011 or 2012 TDI.

jetta rhody

TDI
Jetta MK VI
2012. Lol, I always referred to that small screen between the rpm guage and speedometer as the MFD (should I have said info center? I'm such a noob!)

Last edited:

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Thanks for clarifying. I have never seen that message, or any other message pop up in that display. Your issue sounds like something that would warrant a trip to the dealer.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
I'm having the same problem, but I tried vtbigdog's solution and it didn't work :(

Also, I get the message "check keyless" scrolling across the mfd. It always happens when use the key fob to unlock or lock the doors, but it also displays the message a few times when I'm driving.
From your message it sounds like you are saying you have the problem when you push the button on the key fob to lock/unlock, not when touching the handle.

Just to confirm, you do have KESSY right?

If it is a handle problem, does the passenger door handle work?

It does sound like a bad door handle sensor though.

jetta rhody

TDI
Jetta MK VI
From your message it sounds like you are saying you have the problem when you push the button on the key fob to lock/unlock, not when touching the handle.

Just to confirm, you do have KESSY right?

If it is a handle problem, does the passenger door handle work?

It does sound like a bad door handle sensor though.
'
Yes, I do have KESSY. Unfortunately, both door handles won't work. I'm taking it in on Saturday to get it looked at.

cdobry

TDI
2011 Jetta
I had the same problem with my 2011 jetta. Brought it into dealer, to find out that the antenea got knocked off in the trunk. While putting luggage in I must've hit it. They just reattached it, and works again.
This may have happened to you too. Try having a quick look the antenea mounts to the top of the trunk, in the center

jetta rhody

TDI
Jetta MK VI
I had the same problem with my 2011 jetta. Brought it into dealer, to find out that the antenea got knocked off in the trunk. While putting luggage in I must've hit it. They just reattached it, and works again.
This may have happened to you too. Try having a quick look the antenea mounts to the top of the trunk, in the center
:confused: I couldn't find it. I guess I'll find out when I take it in on Saturday.

jetta rhody

TDI
Jetta MK VI
Just a quick update on my Kessy issue. I took it to the dealer and they said that the kessy antenna in the rear bumper needs to be replaced. I'll have to take the car back next week once the part comes in.

Cesar

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW Jetta Highline TDI
Having problems also but when I take the keys out of my pocket it works with no problem...weird!!! I know its the battery but if it is the battery why is the passenger door handle work? I will go to the dealer and let them deal with it :)
Cheers

TSK

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
vtbigdog: I just reset my 2012 so the touch Kessy lock feature works outside the door agian. It worked when I got the car a few weeks ago and I probably reset something so it quit working. Did your method of reset and it works great, thanks.

Canuck07

TDI
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2011 Jetta Highline TDI, 2012 Passat Highline TDI, 2015 Golf Comfortline, 2015 Jetta Comfortline
My 2011 has done the same thing. Both door handles quite working at the same time, I also get the check keyless msg scrolling acress the small screen between the Speedo and Rev guages. I took it to the dealer and they spent 2 hours on it and couldn't fix it and told me they would have to replace both door handles on my dime as I was just over the bumper to bumper warrenty km's. I don't see how they would both quite working at the same time? I tryed the method with the key in the door handle as was suggested and that didn't work. Any other idea's out there?