Vagtacho

machado

TDI
2003 jetta
Hi I swapped a cluster on a 2005 jetta , i was given the pins and I did the swap with Rosstech With no issues but the kms i couldnt change. I bought a cheap china vagtacho cable online it reads the cluster but says access denied. It works well on a 2000 jetta but both 2003 and 2005 wont allow access. I tried off car using bench with obd no access. I found the oem cable out of UK but its 690 Euros complete.No distributors in Canada.For now is anything i can do with this cable perhaps different drivers. I tried win 10 and win 7 32 bit.Thank you, Ethan

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Once you get it sorted out, you'll want to run an off line scan on those computers. Most of the "free"versions of VAGtacho are infected.

machado

TDI
2003 jetta
I am just going to order an OEM vagtacho from TuneMyEuro its 650. Us or you can rent it if your in the Us only.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Yea, they're effing expensive. It's a real shame we can't simply fit a new key or sync a cluster without that. Rent

machado

TDI
2003 jetta
I am just going to order an OEM vagtacho from TuneMyEuro its 650. Us or you can rent it if your in the Us only.
I ended up ordering directly from Europe took about 10 days to receive. I have to learn abut the tool.