INA: TDI product offerings -– billet CCV 1.9/2.0/2.5 TDI FLUIDAMPR & more

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
We never got the 15 people :(
I just put them @ the discount. They work it to around $395 shipped.

Thank you!
you can order the Fluidampr off the website and then send me an email directly. Ill put the oil filter housing in the same box.
Just put it in the notes that you want an oil filter housing cap.

http://www.vdamper.com/1999-19-20-TDI_p_49.html
Having a bit of an issue with the site. PM sent.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Issam,
Had one of the FluidAmpr's in my sadly deceased MkVI, working up a MkIV now. My auto>manual swap kit came with a good Valeo SMF clutch which is working fine with current setup. Bigger nozzles soon and upgrading the tune shortly, which will be pushing the clutch limits.
So I'm eyeing off various options, SBC 2 Endurance should fit my 21# SMF. Or spend a little more and get a DC stage 1 with a 14# aluminum flywheel. Yes, yes, I know the heavier flywheel is recommended for the diesel.

The FluidAmpr does add weight, I'm curious as to how much one for an ALH actually weighs. I'd like a reduction in the current flywheel, though I'm sure reducing by 33% would be too much. I'm guessing here that with a 4-5# FluidAmpr I'd be getting close to my feeling that
a 10-15% reduction to the drivetrain would be doable without running into too many difficulties with vibration. Plus the balance and damping properties would help smooth things out.

My first FldAmp did a great job on reducing gear clatter on the 02M,
with the current brass synchros in my rebuilt 02J, that's not a concern.
But there was an appreciable loss of engine response. I'm thinking
a light 14# with a FldAmp on the other end should retain smooth
with quicker response.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
R*2

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
Issam,
Had one of the FluidAmpr's in my sadly deceased MkVI, working up a MkIV now. My auto>manual swap kit came with a good Valeo SMF clutch which is working fine with current setup. Bigger nozzles soon and upgrading the tune shortly, which will be pushing the clutch limits.
So I'm eyeing off various options, SBC 2 Endurance should fit my 21# SMF. Or spend a little more and get a DC stage 1 with a 14# aluminum flywheel. Yes, yes, I know the heavier flywheel is recommended for the diesel.

The FluidAmpr does add weight, I'm curious as to how much one for an ALH actually weighs. I'd like a reduction in the current flywheel, though I'm sure reducing by 33% would be too much. I'm guessing here that with a 4-5# FluidAmpr I'd be getting close to my feeling that
a 10-15% reduction to the drivetrain would be doable without running into too many difficulties with vibration. Plus the balance and damping properties would help smooth things out.

My first FldAmp did a great job on reducing gear clatter on the 02M,
with the current brass synchros in my rebuilt 02J, that's not a concern.
But there was an appreciable loss of engine response. I'm thinking
a light 14# with a FldAmp on the other end should retain smooth
with quicker response.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
R*2

so long as its a steel flywheel the usual range is 17lbs from South Bend or Valeo SMF. Don't recall what a G60 weighs but the Fluidampr is just under 6 lbs give or take.
I doubt you will feel any noticeable difference in engine response. Maybe a hell of alot less engine vibration but not response.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Issam,

The steel flywheels run 21-22#'s, I weighed mine. At 6#'s for the FluidAmpr coupled with a 14# Alloy flywheel, I'm only shaving 5% off
the total. That would be be only a modest gain in terms of response,
but importantly would be less mass on the crank.

I do appreciate the smoothness and harmonic affect the FluidAmpr gives to the engine. Partly I suspect because you've balanced the weight on each end of the shaft. Going for the lighter flywheel/damper could well be substantively more improvement than the 5% weight loss would suggest.

I'll be back for one when this clutch goes, and I get my hands on a DC Stage 1 kit. Like an LSD, the improvement will be subtle, but well worth it in the long run.

Thanks for the input,
R*2

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Do you still make CCV billet pucks for ALH?
No
they are group buy / production run only. Don't want to commit to making parts only to have them sit on the shelves for years at a time :(

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Received the package with my fluidampr today. Thanks Issam! :) Hope i have enough tq to spin it

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
we still have some cast ALH thermostat housings and oil filter housings in stock.

rushinrio12

TDI
1997 Passat, 1981 Rabbit, soon to become one with each other. Giggity.
I have a 1z going into a 1981 Rabbit. I'm keeping the AC, factory damper, and 120a alternator with fixed pulley, but deleting the PS. Does your kit for $119 do the job of turning the water pump the correct direction and running just one accessory serpentine belt? If so, I hope you have a kit in stock. Do you have any pictures of that specific kit?

Thanks

Ed

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
I have a 1z going into a 1981 Rabbit. I'm keeping the AC, factory damper, and 120a alternator with fixed pulley, but deleting the PS. Does your kit for $119 do the job of turning the water pump the correct direction and running just one accessory serpentine belt? If so, I hope you have a kit in stock. Do you have any pictures of that specific kit?

Thanks

Ed
Hi Ed,
we have 1 kit in stock. I would highly recommend you install the kit while the engine is out of the car as the 2 long bolts for the A/C compressor are a PITA to get at if not. That being said , we supply:
- water pump pulley
- Bracket to convert to a single plate
- idler pulley
- hardware

however we do not supply the belt as different configurations result in different belt lengths.
Also responded to your email
Thank You.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Apologies for the broken links
photobucket decided to become the worse picture hosting website overnight.
I was okay with the bombardment of ads considering it was a "free" service but to now want $399 to regain my images is absurd.
no thanks.

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
Issam - Still having issues with the AHU pulley kit for the fluidampr... Whats the eta on new bolts, and new pulley spacers to fix things?

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Issam - Still having issues with the AHU pulley kit for the fluidampr... Whats the eta on new bolts, and new pulley spacers to fix things?
You emailed on Sunday with a possible solution.
Not sure why you are using a forum to "reach" me aside from a potential call out but use email moving forward as you have been doing.
I can't drop whatever jobs are on the CNC to make a spacer for you. It has to be scheduled in.
Thank You.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
German Diesel Motorwerks installed the TDI Fluidampr during the timing belt change. Very noticeable reduction in engine vibration at idle. Very pleased that this now installed. Thanks Issam for offering these for the TDI folks.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Apologies for the lack of posts .
For those that have sent PM's over the last few months , I didn't get an email notification until today. Tried my best to respond to those from as far back as December.

Fluidampr's can be ordered directly from the vdamper.com website.

here is the link again
http://www.vdamper.com/1999-19-20-TDI_p_49.html

use promo code VD10OFF as that is a promotion I have set up for TDIClub members.
Thank you!

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Just keep in mind the basic reason for the harmonic damper to exist is to keep the torsional resonance of the crankshaft from breaking it when excited at that resonance point. It is a high-Q system( steel is a very efficient spring ). So, keeping the transmission's synchro's happy is a pleasant side effect.
cheers,
Douglas

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
Well the discount code still works in the shopping cart in the above link from Issam in the link above.
Haven't bothered finding out what shipping is, lol, I'd use my Canuck connections to have it shipped
there if I was in the market. They DO work.