2016 Passat Pricing Announced

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Self parking, LEDs, radar cruise, fancy nav, and a foot activated truck. Fancy!
-J
Don't give a hoot about the parking, but I like the rest. But I'm waiting to see if/when VW starts offering something substantial to current customers, not the minor offer now available. Then I'll think about a TDI Touareg, although I'm more inclined to wait for the new Tiguan or CrossBlue. One or both should have TDI and/or hybrid versions.

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
I'm pretty sure they'll be giving us new V-10 bi-turbo TDI Phaetons to replace our recalled Passats

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
GM canceled the Cruze diesel
Mazda nixed the 6 diesel
Bean counters at VW may just "call it" on the TDI as Tier II bin 5 EPA is crazy town strict.

A Focus or tesla electric plus a few subsidized solar panels on the roof may be the next step for us frugal minded folks

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Last I heard the Cruze diesel is coming as a 2017 model. They just refreshed the Cruze and the diesel version is still coming. Always subject to change of course, but I did read that within the last week.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Meh on the 2016 Passat announcement. No diesel, no VW for me. If I have to buy a gasoline-powered car I'll take my car-buying dollars elsewhere. YMMV of course! :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm pretty sure they'll be giving us new V-10 bi-turbo TDI Phaetons to replace our recalled Passats
I'd be okay with that, except for the doubling of fuel consumption. :D :eek:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
GM canceled the Cruze diesel
Mazda nixed the 6 diesel
Bean counters at VW may just "call it" on the TDI as Tier II bin 5 EPA is crazy town strict.

A Focus or tesla electric plus a few subsidized solar panels on the roof may be the next step for us frugal minded folks
The Cruze diesel is taking one year off and will be back in 2017 with a new engine.

Mazda was determined to do diesel without SCR, which, as Volkswagen is learning the hard way, is not possible.

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG Comfortline+Sport Pkg
**** VW! I can't believe they couldn't launch a face lift of our NMS, so many of us were wanting OEM LED HL and TL! It looks like none of the new parts are interchangeable with our NMS. Bunch of corked clowns!

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
I wish the MIB II would retro fit the 2012-2015 Passat because the Retarded Navigation System 510 is the worse of all kind.
I don't think we know for sure if it will work or not. It certainly appears to be the same form, so should at least fit the dash. Question is if the car will work with it (steering wheel controls, MFD, Fender sound system).

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Last I heard the Cruze diesel is coming as a 2017 model. They just refreshed the Cruze and the diesel version is still coming. Always subject to change of course, but I did read that within the last week.
If they put the diesel engine in an Impala instead of the tiny Cruze, I might quit my Passat.

Otherwise, I'm waiting for the 2016 Passat TDI late in 2016 after I get done making my payments for this one.