made in china

benshaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta bew
yes, i just hope its not a can of worms.
i bought from the dealer a fuel filter only when i got home did i see made in china.
+ same price as the previous one i bought 2 years (17 pounds) ago made in germany
have the china made parts reached your shores?
has anyone out there used one?
the main point/concern are they the same Quality?
P/N= 1ho127401c
oh + on there counter was a notice not to buy china made air mass meters due to inferior quality

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
Haven't seen that one yet. It's a German car, I wouldn't put any Chinese parts on it. But that's just me.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Benshaw: Here in the states, there is a monopoly called wally world(wallmart), do you have that there in the UK?
And did you get the fuel filter there if there is such a store? HAHAHA

Hopefully there won't EVER be any chinese made parts in my car...:eek:

I just bought a fuel filter and it is/was made in GERMANY
last one was made in Spain.

Next we might see turbos :mad: , in chinese...

Good day!

DPM

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2019 Rav4 AWD Hybrid, Citroen C4 BlueHDI
Ben, who's the manufacturer? Some of the big OEM suppliers ( Bosch for one) have factories in China...

benshaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta bew
its made bu UFI
How do i post a picture on to this thread.

Last edited:

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
I replaced my fuel filter a few years back in 90s Jetta TD with a Bosch filter stamped with "Made in Isreal" . I also replaced a damage dampened pully with a part made in eastern Europe in late 98 .

Parts come form all over the world to drive my VWs :D

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Volkswagen has several plants in China, the most popular car sold there is a Volkswagen. Many Chinese parts are finding their way into newer Volkswagens, get used to it.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
As long as the filter is an authentic VWAG part (since you purchased it at the dealer you could possibly assume it is, not a guarantee however) you should have no problems. Do keep in mind though that China doesn't have the copyright laws that most of the world enforces - subsequently they are allowed to make almost exact copies of another company's parts. They do a really good job copying them, probably good enough to fool a dealership although we all know VW's service reputation so that might not be too hard :D

OH3Hoser

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Looks like they have made it to the dealerships here in Canada.
Just bought a fuel filter for the passat and noticed that it was made in china. The gaskets inside the box however were made in germany. Guess they figured that poor quality fuel filter is allright, just the gasket needs to meet stict specifications. I asked the parts guy to check if they had any others in stock. Works out that they had one from Austria. I gladly exchanged the one from china. I did not have a long time to compare the two, but I can say that the Austrian filter seems to be built better, than again it may be because china is not stamped on it. I read in other forums where someone had some trouble getting the tee on properly due to variances in the filter itself.
I did not buy a german built car to put OEM china built parts into.
All in the name to maximize profits.:rolleyes:

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
Car charades!!...excellent, DD :D

Car tag means...don't tell me...you have 61k miles on a B74 variant something or other...and the three headrests mean it is...ummm...a Korean car!! Oh..and you are about to give a prostate check to the poor thing :)

Last edited:

DIESEL DAZZLER

Veteran Member
TDI
81VW TDI PU,94 GOLF TDI,97 PASSAT TDI,03 ,06 JETTA TDI's,KABOTA DIESEL LAWNMOWER
Made in China

No problems with these fuel filters,at least the holes are all capped ,more than some other brands do.Parts on VW's come from all over the world,just have to get used to it .There are lots of crappy North American parts that come to mind also that I would not use on my VW's.