quantity adjuster p1562 HELP

jdbrinkman

TDI
2000 TDI Jetta, 2010 jetta tdi
i have a 2000 tdi with 122,000 miles. p1562 has came up . Ive cleared codes and it comes back on with CEL and flashing GP light. I have VCDS and tried the hammer mod and adjusted fuel quantity to 4.2 mg/s at operating temp. but codes still comes on. Ive replaced fuel temp sensor. still same code. I was going to take out the quantity adjuster and clean it and reset everything but after cutting the spot welds on the circuit board what kind of solder is needed to reattach the electrical to the board? is this hard to do?

Thanks,
John

Nutsnbolts

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta, Silver Arrow
I've never tried to actually remove the QA board from the housing, but I would bet that you could clean it in place with electronics cleaner. The connections that they use on the QA leads (that are just inside the boot where the wiring goes into the pump) may not be low-temp solder- I tried to undo them a few years ago with no success, using my soldering gun at the shop, and the connection seemed to ignore me and laugh...

-Rich

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
They are welded, not soldered as the OP observed.

I would clean and tin the conductors, wrap the joints with fine wire, maybe steel, then solder them. Acid flux will probably be required.

I had the same issue as well as surging. I was going to try the same thing but opted for a different pump.

Last edited:

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I got the same code for most of one day a couple of weeks back. Then the fault lights went off. Today I drove over to see Keith in Lowell who very kindly scanned my car. The QA fault's still there. He has a used QA that he could install.

At the moment there's nothing wrong with how my car drives or operates. I'm leaning toward preventive maintenance and replacing the unit. If not, should I just keep going and fix it if it goes belly up? I can accept driving in limp fashion if it does break. But I don't enjoy being stuck on the side of I-95 at 2 am.

biker250

TDI
'02 Golf
*bump

Does anybody have an answer to Mass. Wine Guy's questions ^^^^^^^^ because I am in the same exact situation right now. The code is there and the lights are on, but the car drives fine........what is the harm in ignoring it for now and keep on driving? Thanks.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
The way Keith explained it to me, if and when the part fails, the car will still drive. But it will be sluggish.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
I drove for years with the flashing plug light due to QA error codes. Had surging at idle and low "throttle" situations. Ran fine at speed.

Finally installed another pump. Some day I'm going to put the old QA on the good pump to see what happens.

biker250

TDI
'02 Golf
Going on a year now and still have the CEL and flashing glow plug light. Sometimes it'll go away for a week or 2, but for the most part, it's on all the time. Car still seems to run OK.