• Monday

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
OK... Short notice GTG at MY HOUSE SATURDAY 5/24.. Port Jervis, NY

OK here goes... Finally I'm going to try to organize something for this Saturday the 24th..
There's plenty of room for parking, there's a Volleyball net next door we can use.. We have a 4 mile harescramble loop set up in the woods so if anyone feels like bringing their dirtbike there's plenty of riding space, just don't kill yourself..

I have a small, old crappy grill, If anyone wants to bring a nicer one that would be cool, I can borrow the one from work if need be..

I have a turkey fryer that I can borrow if there's any interest as well.

What I don't have much of are tables to put stuff on, if someone has a folding table to use for food/drink that would be awesome..

Also, I've also invited a bunch of other friends as well so it's not a TDI only thing.. We might even get a 1/2 barrel of some adult beverage.. :)

I'll update this post with a list of who's bringing what..

Last edited:

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Hey Jason...I'll have to see if the wife will give clearance...I may have to bring one of the mini me's with me though ;)

You better let people know whether you'll be wrenching or not (I'm guessing not, seeing as your probably working 55-60hrs a week with all of your side TDI work)

Either way I'll see you Wednesday for the TB/lifter job assuming all plans are still in place.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That kind of depends on if people mind me wrenching on their car while consuming a decent quantity of alcohol... I can help out with minor things while drinking, but that will probably be it...

I figure if I don't get a decent response to this thread by Wednesday, We'll make it for another date instead...

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I'll check my schedule.......it would be fun to take a little drive......

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
That would be a nice drive for me.:) Keep us updated. My vote is Sat or Sun. Traffic is usually bad on the get-back day.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I might be able to make Saturday. I'll be driving from NH down to my parent's house in VA on Saturday and this is right along the way! :cool:

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I'm good any day but Sunday (maybe in the morning). Love to stop down to see you again. Too bad I can't bring the Beetle - yet!

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
If you do it Sunday then I need to leave by 5pm as the wife has a weekly thing on Sunday nights and I am the one who watches the wee ones. Monday is the same story....Saturday tends to be more flexible for me.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Please change my vote from Sunday to Saturday, as it seems to work well for most of the responders and is just as good for me if I attend.

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI
D@mn, I wish I could go.

Unfortunately we have company staying over all weekend.

Have fun guys, and that's mighty hospitable of you hosting a GTG, Jason!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
I may be able to stop by for a couple hours after I get off of work on Saturday evening for a beer or 2.... I could get there around 6pm... Is that cool?? I'll talk to you about it Tuesday night when we change my GP harness.

inti132

TDI
'03 TDI GL ~185HP
I should be able to make it, I'm coming from Fairfield, CT. Was hoping someone would swap out an N75 with me so I can run some tests. Let me know.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK so it looks like Saturday is going to be the day.. I have a small air compressor here, I can bring some assorted tools home if anyone wants to do any wrenching. I work right down the street. I don't have a lift or anything here, but it's possible to back a car on my car trailer if you need to get under it for any reason..

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'll try to remember to bring my laptop and VAG-COM if any one needs it. I don't need anything done on the Jetta other than having someone take it for a ride for a comparison. You get used to how something runs spending a lot of time in it and don't notice if it's not all there... I added a boost gauge a while ago and the boost is very responsive and steady so I don't think anything is wrong.

I'd love to bring the Beetle down, but that's more wrenching than anyone wants to do at a BBQ!

I'll check in later to see what you need brought over. I don't have any tables and can't get a BBQ in the trunk!

What time are you thinking?

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Hey, if anyone coming has a set of new or somewhat used REAL sprint or PP nozzles they are looking to get rid of please let me know. I am one of the victims of the JBMorrison "Bosch .205" chinese nozzles.

Thanks,
Craig

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cool.. Looks like the weather is going to be nice too... Calling for 75-80 and sunny...

I'll see what I can set up for tunes.. I have a crapload of CD's and Sirius..

I pretty much have the table, grill, some food, and beer covered..
I'll bring some tools home just in case.. (Injector slide hammer, timing tools, vag-com)..

LahDeeDah

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Indigo Blue
Hate to Miss It...

TDIJetta99 said:
OK here goes... Finally I'm going to try to organize something for this Saturday the 24th..
Hate to miss it but I need to help my parents move over the weekend. Have a good time! - Sandy

TDInownow

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now...
<sigh>

Finally a GTG in almost in my back yard...and it's on a work weekend. Boo! Have fun and throw back a few cold ones!

Jason...I'll catch up w/ you in a week or so for the front end work. Ordering the parts sometime this weekend.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
DOH!....there are at least 5 or 6 people on this site located within 20 minutes around there area and at this point I have only seen 2 that are confirmed. Comon Tri-States TDI drivers...put some faces to names :)

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It is a little discouraging... But it was a last minute thing so I understand that people already made plans... Next one I will plan well ahead of time..

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cool.. I'm going to run first thing in the morning and get some burgers and stuff for the grill... I was going to go tonight but I got stuck at the shop a little later than I thought..

For those of you who want to bring something...
We could use some hot dog/hamburger buns, snacks and non-alcohol drinks (I got the beer covered)... I only have a few chairs so any will help..

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have a carb to do on a harley sportster sometime in the morning. If I can swing it, I'll drop off the soda/chips then go take care of the bike and come back.