I may have just bought my first 2015 Golf TDI...

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
So, I have always loved the 2015 Golf's ever since they came out. Attractive, fun to drive and mostly affordable all while yielding excellent fuel economy. Then dieselgate went down and 2015 was the only year of that model you could buy and those I found started sky rocketing in price.

Meanwhile a few trips to Europe I rented 3 different TDI Golfs of those newer body styles. I fell back in love and really wanted one but whenever I would look for one I could never find them or I would find the one A-hole out there that wanted $8,000 more than the car cost new even though his was used with 30k on the clock.

Well today I found a 2015 Blue 6-speed Golf TDI that was beautiful. It literally was everything I wanted (minus the fact I wanted cloth and this was leather). It has 100k on the odometer but it is in near perfect condition both inside and out, and I got what I thought was a good deal on it. $14,100. I just put the down payment on it and have a few weeks to get my loan paperwork worked out.

I would like to get a Malone tune on it after I get it. I want it to last so I don't need to go crazy, but I have a long commute to work and am looking more for better MPG out of it.

I currently have a 2001 ALH Golf TDI. I'll be putting it for sale soon. It runs good but just has too many small issues for me to keep putting money into so after I found the deal I did on the newer one, it was enough for me to come to terms with parting ways with my beloved ALH.

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
It's been driven for sure. It's still in mint condition for the body and interior. I felt that $14,100 was a good price even with 100k on the clock.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Sounds like the car has been well taken care of. I wouldn't hesitate on that deal either if the timing belt and water pump were just done. I'll always choose a well cared for higher mileage TDI over a questionably maintained/abused one. The "leather" is actually a high quality vinyl, but it wears like iron. Congratulations.

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Sounds like the car has been well taken care of. I wouldn't hesitate on that deal either if the timing belt and water pump were just done. I'll always choose a well cared for higher mileage TDI over a questionably maintained/abused one. The "leather" is actually a high quality vinyl, but it wears like iron. Congratulations.
Although the body and interior have been kep in excellent condition, there is no s evidence history on the car. So I am assuming it has not had a timing belt or water pump replaced yet. From what I have read, both should be replaced at 130,000 miles and I will do so.

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I'm looking at a 2017 Jetta S TSI automatic (new) for $14,700. Not a TDI though.
The gas models are not worth nearly what the diesels are worth, and they won't last nearly as long or get nearly as good of mileage. I have heard the Jettas especially are a bit cheaper in general also so that price sounds about right.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Congrats on the pick up! Been driven and that's a good thing, so many of these poor cars sat. Feel like VW tried to shove these under the rug as fast as they could so a bunch of people got good deals on them, now there's a few dealers trying to fetch too much just twiddling their thumbs since the demand has died down.

Last edited:

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Thanks Owain. Yeah I have been looking the last couple of years and really had a hard time finding one. And if I would find one the individual would be asking more than it was new. I had all but given up and was actually planning on getting a Chevy Cruze diesel. But I really wanted a newer Golf. I was literally just randomly looking online when I found the deal I did on this Golf, and I am so happy I did! The only bad thing is I will literally be waiting months to drive it since I am currently deployed overseas. ...hopefully my wife doesn't do anything bad to it while I am away. It sounds really silly, but this is kind of a dream car for me. I just really love the look, the comfort, the power and the economy this exact year and model Golf TDI offers. The bonus was I got the exact color I wanted and the 6-speed as well!