Delvac-1 Price Increase

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Yesterday I phoned a local distributor to price Delvac-1. They told me it was still $78/case, but that Mobil informed them that the price would be increasing by about 6 percent in a couple of weeks. This may be nationwide, so I wanted to pass this along.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
The price of crude oil is going up you know...

DB

Brioscooter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 and 2005 Golf TDIs
I have it on good authority that synthetic oils are made from pork snouts. That could explain the lack of a kosher "K" on the oil bottles' label.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
What are full synthetic oils made from?
Group 4 oils like Delvac-1 and Amsoil are made with 100% synthetic basestocks. Unlike Group 3 oils that do start with crude oil basestocks.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Amazing what you can find with Google:

http://www.hatcocorporation.com/pages/about_syn_lub.html

Conventional petroleum basestocks or mineral oils begin with crude oil, a mixture of literally hundreds of different molecules derived from the decomposition of prehistoric plant and animal life.

Synthetic basestocks, on the other hand, start from relatively pure and simple chemical building blocks which are then reacted together or synthesized into new, larger molecules.
Looks to me like synthetic basestocks have nothing to do with crude oil.

bigglesworth

The small molecules that they use for these basestocks are generally petroleum-based as well. All the synthetic materials that we use come from this kind of petroleum derived precursors. ie: plastics, drugs, polarfleece, etc.

We're not just fighting for oil as a fuel. It's a war for so much more.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Went down to my supplier to get another case, he said the 6% price increase will go into effect April 1st. Their price for case lots is $18.17/gal (four to a case ... $72.68) W/the increase the price will be $19.26/gal ... $77.04/cs. He said it is also available in 5 gal pails for $18.34/gal ... $91.70/pail. They will ship. He said someone called from NC and ordered a case, UPS shipping was $20. Still cheaper than what the NC guy would pay locally.

If anyone's interested contact Dick at O'Connor Oil (920)922-2590. There is also an 800 number but I'm not sure if it works out side of WI. That number is (800)808-1966. Feel free to mention that you found out from the website.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
The small molecules that they use for these basestocks are generally petroleum-based as well. All the synthetic materials that we use come from this kind of petroleum derived precursors. ie: plastics, drugs, polarfleece, etc.
Good point. I hadn't thought of it like that.

I like the way you think.

MileageDude

Veteran Member
I highly recommend anyone in Connecticut or lower MA or New York boardering to try out East Hartford Feightliner on I-84 in COnnecticut. At $19.25 a gallon it's worth the trip. Buy 4 and you're good for 40,000 miles. Actually buy 5 gallons cuz you need 4 1/2 gallons ea. oil change if you drain it good.

I'd be willing to buy a 10 or 20 gallons, have my cousin drive down to NYC and drop them off and use my place as a relay to anyone in NY or NJ.

Just a thought. No charge from me having them on hand for ya's. My cousin comes down to the city most week ends so it's no biggie.

M.D.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So true:

- Establish "our" democratic government in Iraq
- Safeguard "their" oil so we can continue buying cheap gasoline and diesel.
- Get even with Saddam Hussein for wanting to kill Bush Sr.

How did our oil end up in their desert, anyway?

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
How did our oil end up in their desert, anyway?
Evolutionary and geographical error. It was supposed to be here but the DoD (Dying oil Dino's) screwed up.

OTBW this could get to be a "fun" if somewhat volatile topic.

I got my 55 gal. barrel today for bioD.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
You Liberals will never give up, will you?

Bush has now proven Hussein has Scud missles. Which are against UN resolutions, and he claimed not to have them.

Evidence is mounting that Hussein has chemical and biological weapons. 100 acre chemical plant that was camoflauged, 3000 chemical suits, 100's of viles of nerve gas antidote.

Bush is proving exactly what he said was true about Hussein and his regime. That is what this war is about. Getting rid of a maniac that kills his own countrymen at will, and will kill anybody else in the world for that matter, that defies him.

It's a shame the Liberals are still too blind to see this and accept it.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
The general forum is long gone and liberal/conservative discussion is not going to change the price of oil. It's only going to cause flame wars. Forget about it.

On topic- Just purchased Delvac at Farm and Fleet and it is still $19.95.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I took my liberal blinders off to notice that Delvac-1 was going to be reformulated to meet CI-4 standards. I suppose future inventory will be this type. Other than a slightly higher pour point, are there any major differences/disadvantages to the newer oil?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
MWG, there was much discussion about this a year (or longer) ago when the switch to CI 4 was made. If you search there will be much info to digest.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
You guys aren't very much fun today.

Anybody "boil down" the details to determine what the major differences/advantages are?

tonyp

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat Sedan
Are you talking about the big truck stop/rest area about 20 miles north of Hartford (next to a Fed Ex center)? I always check and they have only the conventional Delvac in the black bottle. That's in the store where they ring up the truckers for their fuel. Am I looking in the wrong place?

MileageDude

Veteran Member
Are you talking about the big truck stop/rest area about 20 miles north of Hartford (next to a Fed Ex center)? I always check and they have only the conventional Delvac in the black bottle. That's in the store where they ring up the truckers for their fuel. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Call East Hartford Feightliners off I-84. They have the Delvac 5-40w Mobil 1 in stock, cases and cases of the stuff. They're open 24 hr a day. Take a road trip for $19.25 a gallon buy 4 or 5 and you have 40,000 miles of trouble free oil changes. Worth the $4.00 in diesel round-trip from where you live. If you can't get down there write me at abraham_danan@hotmail.com. I'm often in MA and could meet you with couple gallons and you pay only the price of the Delvac 1 plus the tax. No charge for the meet and greet.

peace out

M.D.

MileageDude

Veteran Member
You Liberals will never give up, will you?
Being an exteme liberal is a mental disease.

Bush has now proven Hussein has Scud missles. Which are against UN resolutions, and he claimed not to have them.
They've found other artifacts and information too and the finger pointing is taking place at this very moment. The US has found other neighboring nations and countries having paid Iraq to develop and deploy testings okay'd by Iraq on Iraq's own population and military personel. Iraq has been a third party supplier of chemical research and development in chemical warfare for over a decade.

Evidence is mounting that Hussein has chemical and biological weapons.
He does and we know ...and the world will soon know.

100 acre chemical plant that was camoflauged, 3000 chemical suits, 100's of viles of nerve gas antidote.
CNN has retracted their statement pertaining to this chemical facility found earlier this week. But none the less, there are dozens and dozens of plants under ground in Iraq w/chemical storage. It has been photographed to the U.N. and other ajoining countries on Iraq's manufacturing of chemical warfare devices. It has been proven privately to those nations who did not believe. It just has not been shown live on TV or to the public yet because of circumstances of these other nations who have been funding Iraq to develop and test it. Those other nations are considered are allies.

Bush is proving exactly what he said was true about Hussein and his regime. That is what this war is about. Getting rid of a maniac that kills his own countrymen at will, and will kill anybody else in the world for that matter, that defies him.
Democrats' love arial bombing without risk of injury to US troops. Republicans' tend to take measures that are unfavourable while sending foot and ground units to do what arial bombing can never accomplish. This time around Republicans will send in ground units and get to the bottom of Iraq's operations costing a lot of causalities for both sides.

Is Iraq a major threat to our US and world security? Answer is = 1 gallon of Iraq's chemicals in a US reservoirs can kill the population of NY in 1 week.

I think, I think I've answered that question with the above statement.

It's a shame the Liberals are still too blind to see this and accept it.
It's a shame believing that we're safe and growing wild flowers is a sign of peace.

Born at night,
Not last night.

M.D.

verdeo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon,retired, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 2012 Touareg TDI
Dieseldad,

I'm a few miles south of you...slinger area..where the Amoco premier diesel pumps are. Is the O'Conner that you get your Delvac from part of the O'Conner group in Milwaukee?

Or could you give me a more specific location for where your source is? I'm about ready for my 5000 mile change at EVS...and figure I'd better come armed with oil.
Thanks,

gary

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Oh goody, someone to play with;

Being an exteme liberal is a mental disease.
Correction: being an extreme anything is a mental disease.

They've found other artifacts and information too
While I don't personally dispute this, the evidence is where? Regarding SCUD's, we shot down a British Tornado thinking it was a SCUD. Of all the Iraqi missles fired to date, all turned out to be Al-Whatits and not SCUDs (correct me if I'm wrong)

He does and we know ...and the world will soon know.
And we've known since '91 and so has the world. So why all of a sudden, do we feel obligated to do something? And don't talk about 9/11. There is NO connection between that and Iraq. There is a better connection between 9/11 and Saudi Arabia and we're not invading them!

If the premis of the action is the threat that Iraq poses to the US because of WMD, what about the threats from other countries/groups, i.e. N.Korea? Is any country that is a perceived threat fair game?

1 gallon of Iraq's chemicals in a US reservoirs can kill the population of NY in 1 week.

I think, I think I've answered that question with the above statement.
Simply put: then why not do that, poison the reservoirs, instead if crashing into the WTC? (not that it's been proven that Iraq had anything to do w/ 9/11). Certainly that would be a better use of resources (these terrorists are not stupid).

Here are some facts from the DOE: Iraq has the second largest amount of known oil reserves on the planet, half that of Saudi. The probable reserves in Iraq are three times the known, making them, potentially, the worlds largest supplier.

The Saudi regime is sitting on the same powder keg that Iran was in the late '70's, and is a bigger supporter of terrorism than Iraq. There is a stronger tie to the Saudi's and 9/11 than to Iraq.

For the last 25 or so years, the focus of US foreign and military policy has been to insure the flow of oil from the Middle East. That is the primary reason we are "casual" about our opposition to Israel's handling of the "Palestinien Problem".

It's a shame that the people follow like sheep, and at the same time, forget about the First Ammendment.

OTBW my support of the Military is 100%: my support of the Administration's policy is not; and I voted for Bush.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
verdeo

I don't think so, they'er up here in Fon-ja-lak. Their phone is (920)922-2590, ask for Dick. Note: you have to by a case (4 gals). The address is 265 Forest Ave.

Exit 41N on Military, take Military NE (it's a diagonal St.) to Brooke, turn left (north) on Brooke, go two blocks (one short, one long) to Forest, turn left .. cross the tracks .. they're on the right.

Remember the 6% increase goes in effect 4/1.

If it's easier, I'll pick it up for you, e-mail me to work out the details. garyfdl@yahoo.com

If you want to DIY, let me know. I've got a heated shop to work in and tools. (and I don't really care what your political views are
)