2010 Jetta TDI DPF Health Question

Dan04

TDI
2004 Jetta
I bought a 2010 Jetta TDI a few weeks ago. I have a 30 day warranty on it that is soon to expire. It has 69500 miles on it. I just got a VCDS and took a look at my DPF and Nox equipment.

Everything looked OK as far as I can tell. My only concern is the Particle Filter Oil Ash Volume. It says 60 mL. Is this normal? High? Low? I can't seem to find any information about this.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the screenshots.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
My 08 golf has 183,000 miles, dpf ash volume says 73ml ��
That's because there are many factors which determine how much soot the system generates..... a lot of people simply don't want to grasp that, and seem to think milage alone is a good determining "indicator" of what normal is.......

I've given up trying to convey this point...... :rolleyes:

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
I understand what your saying turbo, dpf' safe all new to me. This is the first car I've had with one fitted. Bought it last July with 170,000 on it.
I know it's missed one or two services along the way but has always done long trips. I'm guessing using the right oil and long distance driving are the major factors to keeping them going

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I've checked loads of ash volume measurements in TDI DPFs, and they pretty much are always lock step or close to the mileage. Most are a bit below, a few a bit above. Never seen one clogged up yet, just lots of cracks.

This applies to North American spec cars, which are probably different than Euro spec ones.