What did you do to your car today?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think rebuilding the axles yourself is a great idea. We're working on stocking good quality CV joint/boot kits for all TDIs. I think my car may be an early patient. I've had some vibration on acceleration for a while now.

_7_ TDI ™

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
I just ordered new parking brake cables and LH outer front grill for the mk4.
Yesterday picked up 2 gallons Rotella T6 and some LM Diesel purge. Filter kit showed up yesterday from BORAPARTS as well..
Time to do some maintenance on the new ride.

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver
Removed and replaced the glow plugs #1 and #4. over the past few months have done #2 and #3 when the codes came up. When I got the code this week for #4, I just went ahead and did #1 at the same time.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Peter,

I think rebuilding the axles yourself is a great idea. We're working on stocking good quality CV joint/boot kits for all TDIs.
If you do start stocking the parts, make sure you put it in your newsletter. I'll buy them from you if I haven't already made a move elsewhere. AutohausAZ is the only place I found them with ease. I'm sure they're out there elsewhere. There's just no telling what the quality is or where they came from.

Scott

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Votex, 2003, Gris Platine
Took the NB06 to the dealer Wenesday. I took few days before writing this to calm down. The stupid bodyshop guy that repaired my son fender_bender last November damaged the rack & pinion boot when changing the tie rod. Now, it's leaking power steering oil all over the place. I prefer to pay my dealer instead of going back to that clown's shop. I was flaming those :mad::mad::mad: good_for_nothing_back_hole. This is the same guy that gave me the car after repair with a 5 turn loose front spindle nut.

At all level, there is too many clowns not having any proud in there work...

Sorry for the flame...Feels better now...

NHgranite

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat CKRA
I think rebuilding the axles yourself is a great idea. We're working on stocking good quality CV joint/boot kits for all TDIs. I think my car may be an early patient. I've had some vibration on acceleration for a while now.
expand upon what the vibration sounds/feels like while you're accelerating, please. I've been trying to figure out the same sound in my car.

Thanks.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
expand upon what the vibration sounds/feels like while you're accelerating, please. I've been trying to figure out the same sound in my car.

Thanks.
No sound, just a mild vibration when accelerating hard, feels like an unbalanced wheel. I had similar symptoms when my engine mounts were tired. I've had this for a while, I don't usually notice it because I don't beat on the car that much. But I'm considering some GTG trips this summer so I want to get it solved.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
scheduled 3bar, boost gauge install and Malone Stage 4 and Stage 2 tuner for Monday. also mounted my rear emblem that i have been slowly putting together

Last edited:

Bugdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI 6M
Put on my new summer rim/tire combination: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K11 and 17" silver Goals. (Upgraded from the 16" Biolines.) Fills up the wheel wells nicely! Too soon to tell about handling until I get tires bedded in but the car already appears to have quite a bit better turn in.

itchytweed

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
A 45 mile drive between 55-80 MPH into a 30-45 MPH headwind the whole time. Best workout Gretchen had in a long time, especially with a long uphill climb at one point...passing people.

Grauwulf

TDI
99.5 MkIV Jetta
Welp yesterday I put the new MAF on my car but didn't get a chance to test drive it until this morning. Still ran like a bag of smashed a-holes. New MAF readings way too low, and no boost. Had to drive it like that to go pick up my son, had a chance to play with it after he laid down for a nap. Found out that I installed a check valve backwards in one of the vac lines and the clamp that holds the main vac line on the pump had somehow gone MIA. All fixed up and running like new. :)

meducky

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2013 Passat
Gutted the entire back in my golf and installed b-quiet all over the place. I put about 75 square feet of that stuff so far in my car and I still have a few places left to do. The tips of my fingers are sooo dead. Can't wait to start wiring the whole car for the new audio gear I collected during winter :)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
A 45 mile drive between 55-80 MPH into a 30-45 MPH headwind the whole time. Best workout Gretchen had in a long time, especially with a long uphill climb at one point...passing people.

Sounds like my daily drive to work.

Installed LEDs into the cabin, snagged 3 WLED-X5 for the rear passanger lights, snaged 3 more for foot well and glove boxes. These aren't the brightest but they are nice and pure white.

For map lights i snagged two WLED-xHP6, omg are they bright. I need to cut away at the OEM reflector to make them fit, but it lights up the whole cabin, amazing.

I also snagged two 3710-xHP3 and one 4210-xHP3 for the cosmetic mirrors and OEM trunk light. I also have a 30 LED strip installed in the trunk so I can happily say everything is quite bright and nice and white.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Picked up 30 gallons of biodiesel in RI, $3.58/gallon. I blend it with dino to B20 or so. Filled IBW with B20. Runs quieter.

Deebeaux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf GLS
Yesterday: Lighted Jetta Vents and put the bolt back in the battery terminal that was missing when I bough the car (whopping $7 in parts)! No more 1 in 50 shot of a "clack" and full electrical shutdown on startup. :)

Today: Got my FIS cluster in the mail yesterday, hopefully it goes in today. Just realized I didn't order the appropriate wiper stalk connector, but a couple posts I found point to the fact that I may already have it. Will check as soon as this episode of Law & Order is over. ;)

Will post pics when done! :) :cool:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI

Installed LEDs into the cabin, snagged 3 WLED-X5 for the rear passanger lights, snaged 3 more for foot well and glove boxes. These aren't the brightest but they are nice and pure white.

For map lights i snagged two WLED-xHP6, omg are they bright. I need to cut away at the OEM reflector to make them fit, but it lights up the whole cabin, amazing.

I also snagged two 3710-xHP3 and one 4210-xHP3 for the cosmetic mirrors and OEM trunk light. I also have a 30 LED strip installed in the trunk so I can happily say everything is quite bright and nice and white.

great little mods - i just did the complete LED swap last week and what a difference!

_7_ TDI ™

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI

Care to message me a link to any additional information on the led's.
:rolleyes:

JJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Attempted to replace the brakes on all 4 corners today. Picked up the pads and rotors along with a bleeder and the tool to reposition the rear caliper pistons. Need to pick up a 14mm triple square bit to do the rears and a 22mm socket for the fronts. Hopefully I can get those tomorrow and complete the work tomorrow after work.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Fixed to vacuum solenoids for recirculation on my B4 and a B4V and fixed a B4V's window regulator alignment with the help of a blowtorch to make a window go up properly :)

I'm currently ordering a full array of LED lighting for the cabin of my B4 and some auxiliary cabin & trunk lighting due to how much night driving I do.

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
Just did a 286,000 mile service on my new (to me) 2000 GTI TDI GL. Intake cleaning, filters, fluids, coolant, and this week, I'll replace the flywheel, clutch, and timing belt set. My costs in this little gem are climbing, but what a fun little car!

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Fixed to vacuum solenoids for recirculation on my B4 and a B4V and fixed a B4V's window regulator alignment with the help of a blowtorch to make a window go up properly :)

I'm currently ordering a full array of LED lighting for the cabin of my B4 and some auxiliary cabin & trunk lighting due to how much night driving I do.
That blowtorch WAS solely used for creme brulee's and searing food items. Thanks Michael.

bbinbc

TDI
2003 New Beetle TDI
Changed oil and filter! I have been taking it to the dealer for this service, but decided to give it ago myself. Dead easy!

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Saturday evening I finally got around to replacing the passenger side fog light we lost on the Xmas road trip and of course I broke the outer most tab of the cover while removing it. Funny thing is there was an updated post in a how-to thread I had been watching that I should have checked DUH-OH!! Also applied the Laminx precuts which IMHO aren't quite sized right :confused:

Such is the way because earlier today I also bumped the garage door opener as I was cleaning the inside and the tailgate was up... Shopvac is blasting away but man did I ever jump for the opener!! I ended up with some minor surface scratches, hopefully the body shop will be able to buff them out :rolleyes:

Last edited: