Koni red Strut help needed

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Hit a pothole about two weeks ago, and yesterday, after having my brand new Blizzaks installed, I found out, during the alignment, that the strut was slightly bent. 1.6 degrees out, and not adjustable. I don't want those brand new tires running on a bad alignment. Impex doesn't carry them, and ID parts are at least two to three weeks before there's a chance to get one. Any other sources out there?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Did you call us about buying one strut? If so the 2-3 weeks may be correct, as we would have to source it from Koni. They typically only ship in pairs.

Your best bet is probably to purchase a replacement direct from Koni. I believe you'll have to call them, as their site only shows pairs. If you have trouble with this give us a call and we'll see if we can help out.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you call us about buying one strut? If so the 2-3 weeks may be correct, as we would have to source it from Koni. They typically only ship in pairs.

Your best bet is probably to purchase a replacement direct from Koni. I believe you'll have to call them, as their site only shows pairs. If you have trouble with this give us a call and we'll see if we can help out.
Yes, I called this morning, in fact, after I was told the time delay, is why I posted here. Would it be any faster if I buy a pair, and then use the non damaged one as a future spare? If it's faster, by how much, and what does the pair cost? I got them from you originally to replace the KYB's, and I still have them on the soft setting

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I just checked with the warehouse and we're out of them. I've called Koni to check availability. Waiting for a call back. If they have them in stock we'd probably see them in 10 days to two weeks, depending on how busy their shipping department is at this time. So two to three weeks to you is a good estimate, unfortunately. If they have them in stock they should be able to ship you one pretty quickly.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
I just checked with the warehouse and we're out of them. I've called Koni to check availability. Waiting for a call back. If they have them in stock we'd probably see them in 10 days to two weeks, depending on how busy their shipping department is at this time. So two to three weeks to you is a good estimate, unfortunately. If they have them in stock they should be able to ship you one pretty quickly.
Let me give it some thought. I may not have much choice. I'll get back to you when I figure out what I have to do Thanks

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Koni just called back. We should have Reds in stock by the 29th if you want a pair. They do have them in stock in Kentucky if you want to ask them about purchasing an individual strut.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
Koni just called back. We should have Reds in stock by the 29th if you want a pair. They do have them in stock in Kentucky if you want to ask them about purchasing an individual strut.
I can wait until the 29th, however, before I decide which way I'm going to go, I'll need to know the price for each, a pair and single. Thank you

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Good news: I just went to the warehouse and guess what we have: one strut. Apparently we had a customer warranty one and when Koni accepted the warranty they gave us a credit, so we have the other strut left. Give us a call if you want it and we can ship today.