Anyone installed a "BackOff" brake light signal module?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I could use something like that on my bicycle!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I have not. However, having to stay behind someone in traffic who has one of those things installed makes me want to hit their car deliberately :mad:

-J

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
That only works in panic stops. The Backoff (which is illegal in most places, by the way) flashes your brake lights every time you press the brake pedal.
There is another mod that works on the brakes in the GSW regardless of how hard the brakes are applied.

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I could use something like that on my bicycle!
That's funny, I just ordered a tail light for my bike that changes frequency and brightness as the cars get closer from the rear.

Garmin Varia

Should be fun to try it out.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I've looked at those but haven't bit yet.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
If you insist on installing a flasher, please find one that does three rapid blinks followed by stead on (similar to some ambulances and fire truck brake lights). The ones with the slow/medium flashing on and off suck.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
It's a bit fuzzy, but i thought Volvo's module was dependent on brake pedal position (Like a heavy TPS push) made 3 flashes and then steady brake light. If only our brakes had a "BPS" and that module would I use it. ABS never turns on for me (so emergency flasher mod doesn't work) but I'd like one that activated at 80-100%

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Resurrecting this thread to say that I have installed two flashing led brake bulbs in my Passat. They are clearly brighter and they flash three time rapidly before going on steady. Also had to install resistors to prevent the dash warning light for bulb out.
They are a little quirky but I think I like them that way: When the tail lights are on they don't flash. After consideration I like that now because at night I think they could be really annoying to drivers behind me esp in traffic. Any way these are the bulbs
Alla Lighting 2800lm BA15S 1156 Red Strobe Flashing LED Bulbs Super Bright BA15S 7506 $20 on Amazon. And the resistors are Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors