www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > South Central Regional States

South Central Regional States Local discussions for those on the South Central US. (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas)

Old June 28th, 2015, 20:44   #166
Sjpco07

TDI(s): MKVI Golf

Marin, thanks a lot for helping me out with the speedometer cluster replacement and the extra key for my Golf. I'm a mechanic myself and understood everything he told me about my car. If you're having problems with your car in the DFW area no doubt in my mind this is the guy you should talk to, he's honest and knows what he's doing.
Sjpco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2015, 09:36   #167
cwildmann

Marin, thanks for saving my butt by helping me fix my corrupted cluster! The virgin EEPROM file you provided to me saved me from having to buy a whole new cluster! You were a huge help in Northern VA all the way from DFW. Thanks again and really appreciate your help!
cwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2015, 13:51   #168
Dieselchen

TDI(s): 2011 Golf 6M

Martin are you able to work on the Mk6 Golf's as well? ECU and Cluster swap to a Euro cluster with km/h (the TDi clusters are different from the GTI needs glow plug light I think)? Thanks. Trying to get as much done before shipping back over.

Last edited by Dieselchen; November 19th, 2015 at 13:57.
Dieselchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 22:31   #169
jetta ,97

Fuel Economy: Very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselchen View Post
Martin are you able to work on the Mk6 Golf's as well? ECU and Cluster swap to a Euro cluster with km/h (the TDi clusters are different from the GTI needs glow plug light I think)? Thanks. Trying to get as much done before shipping back over.
Yes , I sent you PM.
ECU TUNING-TDTUNING Authorized Dealer
MK6 Needle Sweep,MK5 with MK6 Cluster
jetta ,97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 22:45   #170
austintg
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: AVG 36

So glad I found this thread! I have 2 extra keys that I need to have programmed, well actually one of them works sometimes, the other not at all. Also my radio just went out and have questions about which would be a good replacement. Right now I'm looking at the AVH-4100NEX from Pioneer. Any other info is welcome as well. I have about 131,000 miles and am hoping it will last me a very long time.
austintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 11:12   #171
mzg

Fuel Economy: 33/41

Thanks again for all the work done to my car. Great guy great mechanic. Fixed my ac that dealer did a piss poor job on, replaced my aux fuel pump that was leaking along with a vacuum hose that had a leak and a few other things. I am glad that I found this guy on the forum. Thanks again. My car is currently at 174k and running great!
Old May 2nd, 2016, 17:10   #172
pkhoury
That guy with the goats

Fuel Economy: CR - 36-41, PD - 39-48 (26-32 while towing)

I was recommended to you by both my shop and someone else on this forum. I want to get my instrument cluster changed to the Euro-MFA on my Mark IV. Immobilizer delete would also be nice (although I might do that when I get a Malone tune on the car), and I understand you can also do sweeping needles and needles lit all the time. I'm also concerned I might have an alternator problem. I might pick up a reman alternator, but don't have the tools to swap the pulley.

***EDIT (05-25-2016)

Marin installed my MFA cluster today. Couldn't be more pleased with the installation. Everything works as promised, and I also got my windows to roll up and down via remote. Even my tuner (Brian at Digi Sport Performance in Denton) recommends Marin. To others in Texas who want to do a instrument cluster swap on their Mark IV - you won't be disappointed. I know I'm not, and Marin was a 680 mile round trip for me!
Malone Stage 4, VNT17, DC Stage 2 clutch, buzzken 2.5" straight pipe, MFA cluster swap, dieselgeek Panzer plate and short shifter, Bosal towbar, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Hopkins short-proof trailer light converter
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS - dieselgeek Panzer Plate and ventectomy, Malone Stage 1

Last edited by pkhoury; May 24th, 2016 at 23:21.
pkhoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 19:58   #173
Nightstalker069

Fuel Economy: 34/42 Mpg

I am really glad I found this guy! Marin helped me with a Color MFA cluster swap on my VW JSW TDI. I must admit I was a bit leary to send a complete stranger my clusters and keys but all the reviews seemed really good. Honestly I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of work. He transferred all the data from my old cluster to my new color instrument cluster; including the mileage. He also changed the LED's, needles, and gauge foils. The installation was truly plug and play. As promised, everything works. My local mechanic who usually does all the work on my car was even surprised. To all the other forum members, don't fret your cluster and keys are in good hands if you want to do the same upgrade. You definitely will not be disappointed with his work.
BTW, I am on the East Coast and there was no way I was driving to Texas. So for all those putting off sending in your clusters; trust Marin he is the go to guy!
Nightstalker069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 16:52   #174
Heavy_D

Default Great experience with Marin

Good evening all,

I highly recommend Marin for any work you need to have done. He provides excellent support and customer service. I can't say enough positive things about my experience. I just wish he was closer, so I could use his mechanic services!

I sent in a junkyard ECM for my 2014 Passat TDI to have the immobilizer disabled. Unfortunately, this was not possible, so Marin cloned my ECM instead. Yes, we had to ship the ECMs back and forth a couple times due to the stubborn IMMO, but it was well worth it. It worked like a charm!

I now have a backup ECM in case anything bad happens to the ECM or its programming...

Thanks!

Heavy_D
Heavy_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:23   #175
jetta ,97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_D View Post
Good evening all,

I highly recommend Marin for any work you need to have done. He provides excellent support and customer service. I can't say enough positive things about my experience. I just wish he was closer, so I could use his mechanic services!

I sent in a junkyard ECM for my 2014 Passat TDI to have the immobilizer disabled. Unfortunately, this was not possible, so Marin cloned my ECM instead. Yes, we had to ship the ECMs back and forth a couple times due to the stubborn IMMO, but it was well worth it. It worked like a charm!

I now have a backup ECM in case anything bad happens to the ECM or its programming...

Thanks!

Heavy_D
Thank you .
Old February 7th, 2017, 07:57   #176
jetta ,97

Just want to let anyone know I am running special for February.
10% off on any job for Tdiclub members.
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:53   #177
skiaspeblu

hi Jetta 97 .Ihave vw 2014 tdi ecu edc17 of tdi 2014 .Just wonder if you can give quote for deliting immo and reprogramming ecu
skiaspeblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:15   #178
skiaspeblu

Hi Jetta 97
My ecu edc17 of vw jetta tdi 2014 is gone . I bought used ecu also edc17 from 2014 vw jetta tdi. Just wonder if you can delete immo and reprogramm that ecu so it could be suitable for my car. Give me a quote.
Old February 8th, 2017, 21:24   #179
jetta ,97

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiaspeblu View Post
Hi Jetta 97
My ecu edc17 of vw jetta tdi 2014 is gone . I bought used ecu also edc17 from 2014 vw jetta tdi. Just wonder if you can delete immo and reprogramm that ecu so it could be suitable for my car. Give me a quote.
Yes I can do this. Check your Private message.
Old February 16th, 2017, 09:24   #180
skiaspeblu

how much and how I can send it the one ecu you will repair