HEY ALL! "new" 03' Jetta GL Wagon!! 61k thoughts??

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
Greetings fellow TDI'ers
after looking almost endlessly my search ended! :D

I found a BLUE 2003 GL Wagon 5sp w/ 61k miles (one owner) actually dealer maintained!! with ALL services not just oil. drives GREAT! :cool: great condition

I'm bitten by the mod but and would like to bump up power/ MPG:D
I also will be running BIODiesel up to %100 in summer mos

the only "problems" this car has is half working right rear window switch (drivers panel)
bad "w.d.s" Wet Dog Smell" (not urine):eek:
UPDATE, the dealer is having the smell removed,
and including a 6month "warranty" we'll see what thats wort heh but better than a kick in the pants out the door
fixed e-brake, buffed headlights out,

all opinions and advice is super greatly taken, an I read each post!!!
thanks!

Last edited:

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
15,000 :eek:

You didn't get taken anywhere...

You got raped !

I hope they threw in the used can o' vasoline for good measure....;)

KBB lists that car at 12k on the high end. That would be the price sold at a dealer with a warranty and basically in mint condition. Definately not needing anything.

I guess if there was something special about this car a 3k premium over an already premium price would be worth it, but...... 9 years old, nearing TB time, probably tires and who knows what else....

DieselOx

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sedan 5sp 342,000mi
Hey, it's the market right now. Ive been searching craigslist nationwide for 4 months, and I see maybe one 5 speed 03 wagon every 2 weeks, from a private party, usually with over 150k miles. I gave up, and I'm fixing up the Golf.

By years, you should replace the TB, or at least have it carefully inspected. Guru only, no dealers.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.

You got raped !

KBB lists that car at 12k on the high end. That would be the price sold at a dealer with a warranty and basically in mint condition. Definately not needing anything.
unfortunatly KBB, NADA, Edmunds, and Manheim is not realistic on "specialty" cars like these.
In my neck of the woods, Diesel cars are P R I M O!! and people know it.
our average prem. gas is about $4.00/gal.:eek:

There is a "dealer" in Seattle that is buying up all the pre- 05 TDI's (BIO compatible) and selling them for even more- And getting it!!!
If you can even find a pre 05 TDI under 100K wagons are that much harder

I guess if there was something special about this car a 3k premium over an already premium price would be worth it, but...... 9 years old, nearing TB time, probably tires and who knows what else....
TB time?, Tires look "new" I saw the dealer service records.. looked good:) from local dealer

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
Hey, it's the market right now. Ive been searching craigslist nationwide for 4 months, and I see maybe one 5 speed 03 wagon every 2 weeks, from a private party, usually with over 150k miles. I gave up, and I'm fixing up the Golf.

By years, you should replace the TB, or at least have it carefully inspected. Guru only, no dealers.
Agreed no dealers! im looking for Guru's now in porland, OR

You got raped !

15K is pretty high, but I think it's worth it if you really wanted that model
I realize its VERY high BUT I use Bio up to 100% the saving from that alone will make up the premium in about 1 year!! I use b-100 in my cummins also!
I get it for almost free!:D

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
I'm not sure I could stomach paying almost 5k over what a reputable source for valuation lists a certain vehicle at.

Private party value shows fair from under 9k to just over 10k for Excellent... which this one is not.

Obviously they have the TDI as retaining value as a similar GLS model wagon (I thought all wagons in 03 were TDI....maybe not) as only being worth $ 7,500.

I would love to see the original window sticker to see how much it was new....

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
If you say you looked endlessly, and paid 15,000 for it, it's not a bad buy considering you probably couldn't find anything better. 61,000 miles is extremely low, and is hard to find, especially on an ALH engine.

For the shift boot, avoid "quality German faux leather" and "better than OEM" stuff from ebay. It's bs, and what it really means is cheap material and weak stitching. Just get an OEM boot from the dealer.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
I'm not sure I could stomach paying almost 5k over what a reputable source for valuation lists a certain vehicle at.

Private party value shows fair from under 9k to just over 10k for Excellent... which this one is not.

Obviously they have the TDI as retaining value as a similar GLS model wagon (I thought all wagons in 03 were TDI....maybe not) as only being worth $ 7,500.

I would love to see the original window sticker to see how much it was new....
I would also!! I agree with you findings however, The 5speed wagons with "low" miles I could not find anywhere near here, The dealer i bought this from had a Very similar milage sedan that was 1000 More! was beiing sold at same time.. that new owner said the same things i did (i told him about this web forum too;))

If you say you looked endlessly, and paid 15,000 for it, it's not a bad buy considering you probably couldn't find anything better. 61,000 miles is extremely low, and is hard to find, especially on an ALH engine.
I did,... ALH engine????

For the shift boot, avoid "quality German faux leather" and "better than OEM" stuff from ebay. It's bs, and what it really means is cheap material and weak stitching. Just get an OEM boot from the dealer.
OOPS too late, I ordered a cheap one off E-bay:confused: guess I HOPE for a good one, if not, i didnt loose much;)

You are in luck. Portland has several gurus. Wanna meet them? Try this:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=317836

Have Fun!
Thanks!! I have found the list thanks for the help!!!:D

Don

white95v6

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta 5spd tdi 2003 jetta jw 5spd tdi
while i may think 15k is alittle high. it is the market out there.

i would think more like 11-12 would be more do able.

also i have seen more then one car on here with 170+K on them and ppl asking 10k and getting that for them. soo agian its the market out there.

i looked for my sedan for a yr before i found one i wanted/thought was good enough to fix. i bought them off co-part and are wrecked. i looked for my wagon for 1.5 yrs. i got the sedan with 84k on it for about 4500 with the parts to fix it. granted it was alittle ruffer then i thought it was cause i didn't see it in person. now the wagon i went and looked at and paid 4400 for it and it had 164k on it. still got to spend about 1k to fix it. and the sedan will cost me about 700 or soo.

hey we pay for our toys.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
However, I have some questions about wanting to upgrade some things that im searching, but is taking a long time and not finding allot, maybe because of phrasing, or different words/ names for same things.

since its "only" a GL I would like to install the nice driving coumputer display in the center of the gauges!!
I really need an armrest console!! and Shift boot,
replace yellowed headlight with nicer ones with fog lights!! black?
rear fogs? read something about adding ASR or TCS????
and many more down the road;)

I'm bitten by the mod but and would like to bump up power/ MPG:D
I also will be running BIODiesel up to %100 in summer mos

the only "problems" this car has is half working right rear window switch (drivers panel)
bad "w.d.s" Wet Dog Smell" (not urine):eek:
UPDATE, the dealer is having the smell removed,
and including a 6month "warranty" we'll see what thats wort heh but better than a kick in the pants out the door
1) Every anwser I povide can be found using an "advanced" search.
2) The driving computer in the center gauges might be an fis or mfi or mfa- and would require you to pull your gauge console and replace with one that had the half or full display. This is fairly involved and you'll need the skc. Maybe you mean a scangauge or other gauge?
3) The armrest can be sourced here, or from vwvortex, or from ebay, or new from an online vendor or the dealer. It's a pita to install, but not in a mechanical sense. You'll need to remove some of the interior between the seats.
4) You already have a shift boot- I would buy a new OEM leather one from an on-line vendor. The pleather ones wear out every 3 years or so.
5) Plastic headlight covers can be returned to like-new for $30. Lighting replacements could be glass lenses, e-codes, HIDs, etc. Go with higher quality OEM lighting. If you want blacked-out lights (joey mod) with fogs, check the current vendor classifieds. You'll need a euro-switch.
6) The rear fog is easy, and takes less than an hour or so. Again, you'll need a euro switch.
7) Adding ASR/ESP can be done with much work and time sourcing parts. You can read the threads about others who have done it. You may already have ASR, but ESP was an option up til....04?
8) Adding power/MPG: welp, we have a whole forum for that. Read for a few weeks first! That's what the sticky's are for!
9) 100% BioD: Yup, we have a hole forum for that, too. Just be aware that many will look upon 100% BioD a little darkly, and to be fully informed of the cautions against B100 vice lesser amounts.
10) Make sure the problem is the window switch and not the window regulator, or other relay.
11) Find out the cause of the BDS- in fact, a search on "water" or "leak" somehwere in your Jetta might give you a week of reading. No sunroof on the GL? That's good, but check the carpets, and watch for water or undue condensation inside the car. Also consider doing the coolant migration fix.
12) Most of what I know about these issues is from searching- it will keep you smarter, happier, and help get the most out of your new TDI (and the TDI Club) in the long run. GL! :)

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
With regard to bioD: from what I understand, the injection pumps on the ALH engines can develop leaks and this can be exacerbated by changing the concentration of bioD used. Something about rubber swelling differently with different concentrations. Something to think about and research. Also, if this is an engine that has not previously seen biod or has not in quite some time, be prepared for a cleaning of the fuel system resulting in a clogged fuel filter. When I went to bioD with my PD, I had half the miles you now have and I went through two filters clogging before the deposits were washed clean. Consider Nicktane or equiv CAT 2 fuel filtering and Dieselgeek oil bypass if it's available for you engine.

Good luck, great albeit expensive find.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
1) Every anwser I povide can be found using an "advanced" search.
2) The driving computer in the center gauges might be an fis or mfi or mfa- and would require you to pull your gauge console and replace with one that had the half or full display. This is fairly involved and you'll need the skc. Maybe you mean a scangauge or other gauge?
ill have to use my scanguage for this then.. wanted an OEM look
3) The armrest can be sourced here, or from vwvortex, or from ebay, or new from an online vendor or the dealer. It's a pita to install, but not in a mechanical sense. You'll need to remove some of the interior between the seats.
Thanks to the forum I found a setup in the classifieds and beiing shipped to me now:) thanks!
4) You already have a shift boot- I would buy a new OEM leather one from an on-line vendor. The pleather ones wear out every 3 years or so.
Too late already forun a cheapie on Ebay for 20$ guess well see how ling it lasts..:rolleyes:
5) Plastic headlight covers can be returned to like-new for $30. Lighting replacements could be glass lenses, e-codes, HIDs, etc. Go with higher quality OEM lighting. If you want blacked-out lights (joey mod) with fogs, check the current vendor classifieds. You'll need a euro-switch.
I will eventually get nice e-codes but for now I just buffed them out w/ a DA buffer like new:)
6) The rear fog is easy, and takes less than an hour or so. Again, you'll need a euro switch.
already ordered:)
7) Adding ASR/ESP can be done with much work and time sourcing parts. You can read the threads about others who have done it. You may already have ASR, but ESP was an option up til....04?
I dont have ASR, not really worth adding this option, I just want the lighted switch:)
8) Adding power/MPG: welp, we have a whole forum for that. Read for a few weeks first! That's what the sticky's are for!
already found some promising ideas!! great stuff!
9) 100% BioD: Yup, we have a hole forum for that, too. Just be aware that many will look upon 100% BioD a little darkly, and to be fully informed of the cautions against B100 vice lesser amounts.
I will look up this later on, from what i read it seems this car was Ideal for bio..?
10) Make sure the problem is the window switch and not the window regulator, or other relay.
think its the switch,, it works on the door just not from the drivers controls
11) Find out the cause of the BDS- in fact, a search on "water" or "leak" somehwere in your Jetta might give you a week of reading. No sunroof on the GL? That's good, but check the carpets, and watch for water or undue condensation inside the car. Also consider doing the coolant migration fix.
I KNOW its a dog smell (i used to have dogs) the smell is evenly spread in the car, there is dog hair in the crevices, some clow scratches, this is NOT mod or mildew.. no coolant probs. yet NO sunroof on mine
12) Most of what I know about these issues is from searching- it will keep you smarter, happier, and help get the most out of your new TDI (and the TDI Club) in the long run. GL! :)
I have been using the search soo much i thing i have worn it out!!! i have found answers to most of my questions so far. :D

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
With regard to bioD: from what I understand, the injection pumps on the ALH engines can develop leaks and this can be exacerbated by changing the concentration of bioD used. Something about rubber swelling differently with different concentrations. Something to think about and research. Also, if this is an engine that has not previously seen biod or has not in quite some time, be prepared for a cleaning of the fuel system resulting in a clogged fuel filter. When I went to bioD with my PD, I had half the miles you now have and I went through two filters clogging before the deposits were washed clean. Consider Nicktane or equiv CAT 2 fuel filtering and Dieselgeek oil bypass if it's available for you engine.

Good luck, great albeit expensive find.
I havent started using any Bio YET but will start about %30
I thought this pump was ok for BIO with its seals? uhh :mad:

where is i good source for these better fuel filters??
i have been using up to b100 for years in my cummins pickups with no probs only replaced 1 filter!!

i keep extras with diesel motors. same with this car
havent heard of Nicktane
i wont be adding any bypass fuel anything too much work and expence,
i got this car to save money heh

thesearcherman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Silly

It is your money. I just find it hard to believe one would pay that much. Only in America. New may have been wiser in the long run. With taxes, timing belt, and who knows what other unknowns, you will most likely will have 20k in this one. People do not sell or trade these cars unless they have problems. I will continue to be patient.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
most of the others around here (if you find one you like) are going over $16k!! with over 100kmi on them
To me that means you buy something else, or wait.
I have the TDIs to save money, not just have them at any cost.
I wonder what the prior owner got for trade-in value at the dealership?

Found the window sticker for my '03 Jetta 5 spd GLS w/leather package(includes cold weather heated seats and washers)/Monsoon and Phatbox. Total MSRP w/destination charge of $575 was $21920. New. W/warranty.
No, it's not a wagon. It had 167K on it when I bought it. It's not mint, or even close, on the exterior (it was vandalized a bit), but I've only got $5K into it with the rebuilt head and TB system, so I feel pretty good about driving it. Averaged close to 55 mpg last year. Feel even better about that.

I, personally, would not run "almost free" B100 in any of my TDIs, but apparently you know what the risk/benefit trade off is there.

"this car cost me 15,000!!! how "badly" did I get taken??
all opinions and advice is super greatly taken, an I read each post!!!
thanks!"

Hope you really enjoy the car, you must have really known what you wanted and were willing to pay for it. Take care of it, it should last a very long time w/o road salt like I get here in MN.

jake8842

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS 5spd
While 15k seems extremely high, to each their own. If that is the car you were after then maybe it was worth it. No pun intended, but i think i would have spent 10k more and had a brand new 2011-12 sportwagen.
I spent around 4k for my 01 5spd gls and was himming and hawing at that (of course it had a lot more miles than yours)

Any how, I hope you enjoy your car and i hope it is trouble free. Sounds like a nice car.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
just to give you a small sample of what these things go for here
this is a quick list from craigs list
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI 5-Speed 96083 miles - $15900 (Vancouver)

2006 VW Jetta TDI- 1 owner, PKG 2, - $16795

03 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI Wagon - $15690

2004 Volkswagen JETTA GLS TDI - $15990

2004 VW Jetta tdi wagon -- $12999

2004 VW Passat tdi wagon - GLS $18999 (PDX)

2005 VW Passat tdi wagon GLS- $16999

all well over 100k miles!

i am considering selling mine
and getting a new one for 6 k more like another poster said heh at 400 below invoice

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
15K is a lot, but if you're happy with the car it doesn't matter what you paid. But for a bit of perspective, I paid $18,004 for my '02 wagon new. Sticker was $19,500, dealer knocked $1000 off the sticker and I got another $500 back for financing it with VW for 2 years at 0.9%. I always thought that was odd, as the total interest charge on the loan was about $200.

Don't know what my wagon is worth now, but I wouldn't take 15K for it, not that anyone's offering.

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
I havent started using any Bio YET but will start about %30
I thought this pump was ok for BIO with its seals? uhh :mad:

where is i good source for these better fuel filters??
i have been using up to b100 for years in my cummins pickups with no probs only replaced 1 filter!!

i keep extras with diesel motors. same with this car
havent heard of Nicktane
i wont be adding any bypass fuel anything too much work and expence,
i got this car to save money heh

Nicktane fuel filter heads are available from www.nicktane.com This is a billet aluminum head for CAT (as in Caterpillar) spin-on industrial diesel fuel filters. Filters more finely and lasts much longer between filter changes than stock. The filters are cheap and widely available. He sells a mk4 version. Nice upgrade.

The bypass filter is not for your fuel but for your engine oil. This is another spin-on filter (Amsoil) on a very nicely made head that is machined and sold by Dieselgeek (http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Categories?category=Bypass+Filtration). This filter setup constantly "bypasses" a little bit of your circulating engine oil into a 2 micron super filter thereby ultrafiltering the entire engine oil supply every half hour or so at highway rpms. This, in addition to the OEM filtering that occurs as well.

Both of these are not cheap but with the number of miles on your car, they would be very good additions to your plan for longevity. Do the math with fuel and oil filters and oil changes at OEM rotations. The fuel filter should be good for 50,000 miles (in a diesel truck the same amount of fuel through one of these would equate to over a 100K miles on your engine!), and using oil bypass filtration and oil analysis (something you should do anyway) will allow 25,000 or so miles between oil changes.

Granted, what you save on consumeables won't pay off the filter heads for quite a while, but the greater oil, oil filter, and fuel filter change intervals, along with the long-term benefits to your engine of ultrafiltering the fuel and oil makes these a good investment in my opinion. Of course, if you go biodiesel, have a number of fuel filters on hand until things stablize.

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Honestly, given what bioD does to the injectors and injection pump, I wouldn't run it if you're planning on saving money...

you should talk to Franko6 to get some very detailed info on the impact of running bio diesel.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
Nicktane fuel filter heads are available from www.nicktane.com This is a billet aluminum head for CAT (as in Caterpillar) spin-on industrial diesel fuel filters. Filters more finely and lasts much longer between filter changes thAn stock. The filters are cheap and widely available. He sells a mk4 version. Nice upgrade.

The bypass filter is not for your fuel but for your engine oil. This is another spin-on filter (Amsoil) on a very nicely made head that is machined and sold by Dieselgeek (http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Categories?category=Bypass+Filtration). This filter setup constantly "bypasses" a little bit of your circulating engine oil into a 2 micron super filter thereby ultrafiltering the entire engine oil supply every half hour or so at highway rpms. This, in addition to the OEM filtering that occurs as well.

Both of these are not cheap but with the number of miles on your car, they would be very good additions to your plan for longevity. Do the math with fuel and oil filters and oil changes at OEM rotations. The fuel filter should be good for 50,000 miles (in a diesel truck the same amount of fuel through one of these would equate to over a 100K miles on your engine!), and using oil bypass filtration and oil analysis (something you should do anyway) will allow 25,000 or so miles between oil changes.

Granted, what you save on consumeables won't pay off the filter heads for quite a while, but the greater oil, oil filter, and fuel filter change intervals, along with the long-term benefits to your engine of ultrafiltering the fuel and oil makes these a good investment in my opinion. Of course, if you go biodiesel, have a number of fuel filters on hand until things stablize.
Thant what Im talkin about!!:D I love that extremly thorough answer with sourses and details of the product. I will likley get at least the fule filter upgrade and later the Oil filter U/G Thanhks soo much for your info!!

15K is a lot, but if you're happy with the car it doesn't matter what you paid. But for a bit of perspective, I paid $18,004 for my '02 wagon new. Sticker was $19,500, dealer knocked $1000 off the sticker and I got another $500 back for financing it with VW for 2 years at 0.9%. I always thought that was odd, as the total interest charge on the loan was about $200.

Don't know what my wagon is worth now, but I wouldn't take 15K for it, not that anyone's offering.
Yea, those were the days!! cheeep diesel, cars were much cheaper and better value to cost ratio.. I should have bought them up back then I could havemade a likking, now someone making a killing of mee! heh o well :eek:

Honestly, given what bioD does to the injectors and injection pump, I wouldn't run it if you're planning on saving money...

you should talk to Franko6 to get some very detailed info on the impact of running bio diesel.
Thankyou! think im gonna have to do that and alter my Bio plans a bit, as it is i get diesel for super cheap (vs. pump prices) word on the strassa was the VE? engines are basically "Bio ready" :confused:
witch was a magor reas on for buying the overpriced car in the first place or I would have bought new for about 6K$ more...

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
I will say that so far im VERRY happy with the millage:D. after the Fuel vent mod, i filled with 16.5 gals and so far 80mi and the needle is still maxxed out!:cool: mostly city/ slow driving around 60 mph (this is my first fill with this car)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW

Don't confuse waste vegetable oil and biodiesel. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find much in the way of damage from biodiesel or biodiesel blends to rotary pump cars.

I try to run at least B5 all the time, and have used B20 most summers for years. And I have, at times, run B50 and B100. Never any problems. Lots of other people do, too.

Right now I run B20 with premium diesel that I have delivered to my house. That gives me a blended cetane rating of about 48, much, much better than 40 that most pumps make. I see significantly better fuel economy and quieter running with this blend. The lubricity in the fuel really helps.

POStdi

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
just to give you a small sample of what these things go for here
this is a quick list from craigs list
2005 Volkswagen Passat GLS TDI 5-Speed 96083 miles - $15900 (Vancouver)

2006 VW Jetta TDI- 1 owner, PKG 2, - $16795

03 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI Wagon - $15690

2004 Volkswagen JETTA GLS TDI - $15990

2004 VW Jetta tdi wagon -- $12999

2004 VW Passat tdi wagon - GLS $18999 (PDX)

2005 VW Passat tdi wagon GLS- $16999

all well over 100k miles!

i am considering selling mine
and getting a new one for 6 k more like another poster said heh at 400 below invoice
Hey, you asked how bad you got raped.. so you had it comin'... ;)

Besides, those are asking prices... doesn't mean they'll get them... or anywhere near. I bought mine for less than half your investment, but it also has very high mileage. (also has some great aftermarket tweaks... so it balances out)
When I was shopping, I was looking all over the country.. if I found a killer deal that saved me several thousand dollars.. then I'd be willing to ship/drive. Ironically, the car I bought was practically in my backyard.

But dont sell yours.. you paid a premium for that car.. and the only way you're going to get any happiness returns on that investment is if you enjoy the car. If someone is willing to give you close to asking price... then sell away! But don't take a multi-thousand dollar hit just to get a new model. Too soon man!

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Don't confuse waste vegetable oil and biodiesel. I think you'll be hard-pressed to find much in the way of damage from biodiesel or biodiesel blends to rotary pump cars.

I try to run at least B5 all the time, and have used B20 most summers for years. And I have, at times, run B50 and B100. Never any problems. Lots of other people do, too.

Right now I run B20 with premium diesel that I have delivered to my house. That gives me a blended cetane rating of about 48, much, much better than 40 that most pumps make. I see significantly better fuel economy and quieter running with this blend. The lubricity in the fuel really helps.
Fair point, I guess I just took BioD to mean waste veg given that he was talking about it being bioD ready etc (I figured that means he had a waste veg kit already installed).

Yes, I was talking about waste veg, not quality bioD from a pump.

rolling18

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetter 5 Sp.
I would NOT run WVO in one of these motors.
I was referring to only Bio up to 100%
I have always ran mostly bio 100 in my common rail cummins pickup for years.. no problems and only 1 fuel filter replacement.

In oregon all diesel is mandatory b5 at min. from pump. i woul work my way up in the Jetta depending on outside temp and how the engine reacts if at all to bio.

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Ok, in that case, the only issue that I know of is switching back and forth between Bio and normal diesel.

Bio expands the seals on your IP, when you run diesel again they contract. Do this enough times and the seals on the IP won't hold up. So, just choose one and go with it.