Jeep Wrangler CRD?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Not a tdi, so I guess this is where I post this...

Wrangler Sport with a CRD badge and mfr plates spotted on I-94 between the Chrysler proving grounds and Ann Arbor. I'd never seen one of these before. Is this new?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Maybe is was a intended to be a future product 'til things fell apart.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
There were media reports a few months ago that Jeep was going to offer a wrangler crd conversion kit for around $15K. It seemed unlikely that they would follow through though.

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
tditom said:
Not a tdi, so I guess this is where I post this...

Wrangler Sport with a CRD badge and mfr plates spotted on I-94 between the Chrysler proving grounds and Ann Arbor. I'd never seen one of these before. Is this new?
They have been selling them around the world for YEARS so no it isnt anything new. The bastards dont care enough about us here in the US to offer us what we want so screw them. They're going under anyway.

phatcyclist

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta 5 speed
I'd like a Wrangler CRD with a manual transmission, but IIRC they only offered the Liberty with an auto.

Kiwi_ME

Veteran Member
TDI
'18 Kona EV, ex '03 Golf TDI, '82 Rabbit Diesel
Here down-under I've only seen the Wranger CRD on the dealer's lot for about a year, and it has a 4-cyl like the Cherokee/Liberty. A brochure PDF is here, too bad our local Chrysler dealer has just folded. Never seen a Wranger of any type on the road here however, I guess no one can justify the cost. The Commander has the lovely V6 diesel in the pic above.