Ac problem golf mkv

Dranzar

TDI
Golf mk5 1.9
Hi i have trouble with my ac unit. And mayby someone here can help. I though it might be a faulty rcv. But not so sure. When i try to read data from it. Nothing shows up preassure or anything.

Might be faulty rcv? Or is it something Else. (The compressor is new) and The engine fans dont run.

Living in Norway with suddenly a wild summer. This gets too hot for me.

The most questionable part. Is that i can se current to The compressor. 0.5a but nothing more. Will post pictures tomorow when i got a computer and not phone to write with :)

Thanks for replies. Have tried searching but. I have not found an answer.

romark21

TDI
2006 TDI 1.9L
Hi bro. I had similar problem. My fan was working, but when I turned A/C on, fan was working only in fastest position. A/C will not work if fan doesn't work (may overheat the engine). You may have the same problem. Fan is located on passenger side, under glove box. You have take off glove box, under fan there is (disconnect plug, 2 scruts) fan regulator. Inside this part there is big resistor and diode. Now, you have short thos two poles, where diode is connected (don't have to remove diode).
Sincerely:
Marek

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
The mk5 turn on the engine fans once the refrigerant pressure rises to the minimal spec.
You state the compressor is new. When the refirgerant was charged, what readings were taken from the high and low side? How many psi? If you dont hve this information you may need to go back and have these readings taken as they are a good telltale of the state of the sealed system (compresor, rcv valve, etc)