(Former) 9W2 owners rejoice! Class Action Settlement

Dakk

TDI
2010 Sportswagen
So I just saw this post as I really don't get on here much, but I never got a letter from VW with any of this information so I obviously missed the deadline, so am I pretty much just stuck with what I have at this point??

jeffjeja

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Is there anyone who has submitted the claim form who hasn't received any communication at all? Anybody know the timeline for the upgrade implementation?

Last edited:

tufts90

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I submitted the claim form, and have NOT received any communication. According to the settlement documents:
"6.4. The Claims Administrator is required, within sixty (60) days of the Effective Date, to send to the Class Member, by first-class mail, either all reimbursements or notice of eligibility for installation of a Bluetooth® Upgrade Kit requested under Paragraphs 4.1-4.2. The approved reimbursements will be paid in the form of a check."
I believe the effective date was March 27. Looks like they are late!!
The absolute latest any reimbursements are supposed to be made (if original claim is rejected) is within 120 days of the Effective Date...

jeffjeja

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I submitted the claim form, and have NOT received any communication. According to the settlement documents:
"6.4. The Claims Administrator is required, within sixty (60) days of the Effective Date, to send to the Class Member, by first-class mail, either all reimbursements or notice of eligibility for installation of a Bluetooth® Upgrade Kit requested under Paragraphs 4.1-4.2. The approved reimbursements will be paid in the form of a check."
I believe the effective date was March 27. Looks like they are late!!
The absolute latest any reimbursements are supposed to be made (if original claim is rejected) is within 120 days of the Effective Date...
Good catch; thanks for pointing that out. It appears from postings on this forum that the deadline for reimbursement was adhered to but there are some if not many of us who have not received the communication regarding claim status that should have been made.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
On the "request for more information" letter I got, it had a cut off date for resubmission of June 11. Maybe this reset their clock?

Mr. Timewise

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tip (gasser)
I, too, am waiting for my reimbursement check.

I personally talked to Rust Consulting on May 25th and was told explicitly that my request had been accepted (after explaining to them about the "actual part number/9W7 PR code" mix-up. I've also been told by the law firm which handled the case that Rust Consulting has been instructed how to handle the part number mix-up. And they told me that my refund request has been approved. I am a bit surprised at the payment delay, but I know for certain that the refund is forthcoming. I'll post again when I get the check.

zeuloa

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen
Is there anyone who has submitted the claim form who hasn't received any communication at all? Anybody know the timeline for the upgrade implementation?
I submitted form but have not received any communication!

Sqinky

A better question would be...Has anyone who submitted a claim to have the install done received any communication as to the status of the claim?

Seems like lots of people who are requesting reimbursment are being contacted, but NO ONE (please correct me if I'm wrong) who wanted the upgrade has posted that they received anything from the Law firm or Rust Consulting. I sure have not received any communication...

sgoldste01

Veteran Member
TDI
None; Replaced 2010 Golf TDI with 2012 Subaru Impreza 5-door with manual tranny
It's easier to cut a check than it is to provide hardware, and then to schedule having that hardware installed.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
A better question would be...Has anyone who submitted a claim to have the install done received any communication as to the status of the claim?

Seems like lots of people who are requesting reimbursment are being contacted, but NO ONE (please correct me if I'm wrong) who wanted the upgrade has posted that they received anything from the Law firm or Rust Consulting. I sure have not received any communication...
Just the comunication that I did not fill my paperwork out correctly and had to resubmit.

Sqinky

It's easier to cut a check than it is to provide hardware, and then to schedule having that hardware installed.

No doubt about it being eaiser to cut a check. In the end it will be up to the consumer to schedule having the hardware installed-so that's not their communication problem. But how difficult can it be to update their website with the latest information in the case and an expected timeline for resolution? Last time I checked the website (a few moments ago), the most recent update was 3-13-12. The law firm is making a fairly large chunk of change off this, they should be a bit more forthcoming with information to their clients. That's all I'm pointing out.

John and the GTi

TDI
United Gray Metalic Golf, 4 Door, DSG, Xenons, Sunroof, Dynaudio, etc
I went through the "Incomplete documentation" letter, and resubmission. I got a phone message about June 09 saying my submission was now approved. I just talked to Rust yesterday, (6/25/12) and they said they plan to mail the check by July 13th.

John

tufts90

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
No doubt about it being eaiser to cut a check. In the end it will be up to the consumer to schedule having the hardware installed-so that's not their communication problem. But how difficult can it be to update their website with the latest information in the case and an expected timeline for resolution? Last time I checked the website (a few moments ago), the most recent update was 3-13-12. The law firm is making a fairly large chunk of change off this, they should be a bit more forthcoming with information to their clients. That's all I'm pointing out.
I completely agree! I did call Rust & was told that we will receive something by LATE summer. I quoted the settlement agreement & stated that they were not in compliance, and I would contact the court. When I contacted the court, they said my options were to talk to the attorney for us, or file a motion with the court myself. I looked into that, but decided that by the time it was completed, we would probably receive the settlement, and Rust would not be penalized.

Prophet

Me Too.

I submitted form but have not received any communication!
+1

Waiting patiently. Went to my VW dealer to get my personally purchased 9w7 programmed and they wouldn't do it without approval from VWoA since I didn't purchase it from them.

*sigh*

-P.

DieselSax

Mid Michigan - little town called Riverdale
TDI
'10 JSW, Manual 6-spd, Black/Black
I just came across this thread and gave the law firm a call to see what my options were. They told me to submit the form even though it's past the deadline. There is no promise I would fall in under this settlement, but if I don't apply, I won't get anything anyway. Hoping for the best here...

studhilo

TDI
2010 Golf 2.0
I got a postcard today about the settlement: My claim is approved and I should contact a VW dealer to schedule installation of the upgrade. Has anyone done the upgrade? How does it impact my Sirius access/account? Thanks.
URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/studhilo/golf]
[/URL]

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I got a postcard today about the settlement: My claim is approved and I should contact a VW dealer to schedule installation of the upgrade. Has anyone done the upgrade? How does it impact my Sirius access/account? Thanks [/URL]
You're the first one that I've seen that has been notified about the dealer installed upgrade.:) This module has nothing to do with the Sirius part of the Radio/Navigation unit, so should have no impact at all.

I'll have to keep an eye for my notification. Let us know how it goes and try and find out the part numer of the upgraded module.

jeffjeja

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
I got a postcard today about the settlement: My claim is approved and I should contact a VW dealer to schedule installation of the upgrade. Has anyone done the upgrade? How does it impact my Sirius access/account? Thanks.
URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/studhilo/golf]
[/URL]
Had you received any correspondence at all between originally submitting your claim and getting this postcard? Did the card indicate the module that will be installed? Thanks for keeping us posted.

Mr. Timewise

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tip (gasser)
I received my refund check today. All $472.25 of it. My claim form was originally submitted with the full part number for the 9W7. Because Rust Consulting did not know the actual part number was used on invoices from VW, not simply the "PR Code" of 9W7, that was what had caused the hold-up.

glennmax

TDI
Golf VI
Notice of Approval for Bluetooth Upgrade Kit

Just got my Notice of Approval for Bluetooth Upgrade Kit in the mail today from Rust Consulting, Inc.

Instructions are to contact local dealer with VIN and setup an appointment.
Bring the Notice with you to appointment.

jtelford

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI, black, 6MT
Same here- got a postcard from Rust consulting that says to set up an appointment with a dealer.
I had not received any prior communication from them. I did send in my form within the timeline.

aerox

TDI
Black, Golf Mk VI, 4-door, 3-pedal
Just got my postcard also. Better make my appointment before I lose it or get put on an indefinite waiting list for parts...

ESFlash

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI SportWagen 6MT
Rcvd the call dealer and make an appointment "your claim for a Bluetooth Upgrade Kit has been approved" postcard on the 20th July.

I currently can rcv calls over the existing (9W2?) bluetooth setup, but most folks on the receiving end say the sound quality is pretty poor -- verizon htc rezound.

I wonder if the fidelity would improve with the upgrade.

Also, if I get the upgrade will I now be able to initiate calls from the steering wheel and see my fone book on the MFD or does the phone book and initiating calls come up on the radio touch screen? There's no factory nav installed.

chenn78

TDI
2010 Sportwagen 6MT
I had to stop by my dealer (Flemington VW in NJ), and I brought the upgrade card in with me since it came yesterday. The service manager told me he had no idea what it was and nothing shows up in the computer for it. He made copies of the card and said he needs to call the VW service rep because VW has not told them anything about this yet and the card did not look official since it was from a consulting firm. He was also upset that they were using the VW logo on the card. He says he will call me back once he hears from VW.