What did you do to your MK7 today?

TDIGUY03

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI BLK/BLK (SOLD), 2015 Golf TDI SE, 2011 Golf Sportwagon TDI (Traded for 2018 Atlas)
Picked up my new 2105 Golf SE Last night, also picked up a 2011 Sportwagon TDI for my wife.
So far I have tinted windows, 20% in the front and 5% in the back and Monster mats.
Spent most of the night skimming through the owners manual finding all the new little things i didn't know about. Didn't know I had a drawer under my drivers seat!
After work tonight starts the long weekend, then the fun begins.
So far on the list is ordering laminex for the headlights BEFORE they get sandblasted on the highway. Debadging the back and swapping out chrome for black VW emblems. From there we will see what happens.
Also probably a lot of sitting in the car and playing with all the options to set it up the way I like it and learning how to use the infotainment system.

roberthaas

TDI
2011 Golf / 2015 TDI GSW
Just replaced the stock Amplifier with my Alpine pure Mosfet 6 Channel 800 watt unit, replaced the stock SubWoofer with a Pioneer unit with its own dedicated 400 watt driver.

Lets see how the "Fender" speakers like the additional Horsepower.

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
I did not understand why the GSW has LED's up front, but for the cargo area we get a horrible light for the rear...I have a weekend full of projects on the GSW (sills, cargo mat, interior sills, rev LED's), but this was the easiest of them, and such a nice gain.

Before:
DSC_0271 by Steve, on Flickr
DSC_0269 by Steve, on Flickr
After w/ deauto entire truck housing ($29.99)
DSC_0272 by Steve, on Flickr
DSC_0268 by Steve, on Flickr
Can you elaborate on the lighting please. It looks great and I would love to do the same.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
I had mine tinted yesterday. When I dropped it off, I said they didn't have to worry about those little windows, since it seemed impossible to get to. They INSISTED they would cover them. When I picked it, they weren't tinted and they didn't even mention it :rolleyes:
I got a 20% tint on all windows, including the small ones and clear bra for $500. When I picked it up, he said he wished he had noticed the small windows when he priced it, wishing he had quoted more, he had not seen a 2015 before.

drew1202

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
20k mile service, 2.5 gallons of bluedef, 6l of mobil 1 esp 5w30, OEM fuel and oil filter. I'm gonna wait on the pollen filter because it wasn't really dirty. The oil filter wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I was prepared for the big mess.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT

Matt, the same cargo lamp for the Golf: assume it's the same as the wagon? And what stage did you go with?

You can purchase 3 different Stage bulbs -Stage I - Bright -Stage II - Brighter -Stage III- Brightest of the bulbs -Stage IV is a Complete LED Housing - Replaces your entire housing with the brightest LED on the market. - See more at: http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-...ite-error-free-plug-play#sthash.W7uRS1Pl.dpuf

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Stage III

Very bright, clean light.

Not sure if it is the same on the wagon and hatch....

Is your light in the headliner?

Scouser

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL 2014 Touareg TDI Lux
Newer member here. So far have debadged the rear, added the VW OEM aluminum rear trunk deck strip, 35% tint up front, 20% throughout. OEM Chrome Ex tips. VMR 19x8.5 V810s should be here this week along with Goodyear 235/35/R19s. Still waiting on H&R to ship their moderate drop Sport Springs, 1.5" front and 1.2 rear. VW OEM cross bars as well.

Last edited:

HSG

TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
Filled it up at the diesel station just now. Don't remember the last time i paid under $40 for a tank that lasted more than 2 weeks of driving.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
Dropped the car off at German Diesel Motorwerks. The loaner they gave me is a 2003 golf TDI. Im getting a Malone stage 2 with exhaust.

Last edited:

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT
Dropped the car off at German Diesel Motorwerks. The loaner they gave me is a 2003 golf TDI with a chip in it. :cool::cool: Im getting a Malone stage 2 with a full exhaust and DPF, EGR, and adblue is all getting tuned out.
You are the man! Keep us posted on the results!

Scouser

TDI
Put on my 19x8.5 VMR 810s ET45 with Goodyear 235/35/19s. After install one of the wheels turned out to be ET35 so VMR is addressing the issue. Regardless, wheels look great and the ride is seriously no different that the OEM 18s. H&R sport springs (not super sport) are due for install next week. Pics after the new wheel and springs!

Also did the DeAutoKey LED mod for all brake and rear signals, plus reverse lights. Also did the rear cargo light swap for LED, in my wagon. What a difference! Rear cargo took about 2min to complete. All the rear lights about 20min with wife helping to test. Really great product and true plug and play with no errors!

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
I did a lot to my Golf before I joined this forum, so I'm starting with the most recent, and working back. Just got back from a trip to Montana. This is in the parking lot of Louis and Clark Caverns, with lot's of Montana bugs plastered to the front. :D

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
H&R Springs, GTI wheels with 225/40X18 Bridgestone Potenzas for the summer.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
Black VW emblem on carbon fiber back round, GTD grill with Deutschland flag, and Wolfsburg Deuschland plate.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
Converted to projector headlights with HID low beams. Best investment yet, much better at night!

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Installed my factory rack and added a Thule fairing. No wind noise at all!

Ben

Last edited:

Scouser

TDI
Had my 810 VMRs put on last week. H&R Sport Springs will get done on Wednesday along with some OEM splash guards. Rims are 19x8.5 ET45. Tires are 235/35/19.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roberthaas

TDI
2011 Golf / 2015 TDI GSW
Upgraded headlights to Ed's Replicas and went with the MoriMoto HID's

Very happy with this upgrade

Scouser

TDI
Added H&R Sport Springs to my 2015 MK7 GSW. All fender to ground numbers were roughly 27.5" before the install. Front is now 25.75 and rear is 26.5" Subtle rake. Very happy with the results!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk