How to clean/lube intake valve flap rod seal

Jeff7

TDI
None
Quick question guys, I have a 2009 Jetta TDI and I'm sure many of you are familiar with the P2015 CEL, well I've been dealing with that lately, and yes I've installed the bracket from diesel geek. What I think might be the source of my light not going away is the rod is dirty and not moving freely enough. What I mean is, the little electric motor connects to the black plastic actuator arm, which then connects onto a rod that (I'm assuming) is connected to the flaps and makes them move. What I noticed by functioning the rod by hand is that it grinds a bit like there is some dirt in the seal for the rod into the intake, some compressed air helped it a bit, but what can I used to spray there to clean it and lube it? I figured WD-40 is probably not the best option for that seal... Any recommendations?

Just some backstory info, that plastic cover on the air intake thing right at the front of the engine bay has 2 broken tabs, so it was always coming off and it sits right in front of that rod, so I feel like enough dust and debris has been shot it at it to make it dirty. I realized this when I finally got around to zip-tying that plastic cover down. Anyway that's my theory, I'd like to clean that seal up just be sure either way.

Thanks.