New Here Question About emissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric.mathison

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat b5.5
Hi everyone this is my first diesel i bought a 2005 passat tdi with 69k miles on it from my grandfather and i love it

my previose car was a 1997 caddilac catera and what a hunk of **** that was in the shop all the times

my question for anyone in az how do they test this car at emissions will anything bad become of me removing the catalytic converter are there any advantages to removing it??? will it being removed cause any lights on the dash to light up thanks everyone

hope to be around here for the long haul and learn lots

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Nothing really to gain by it other than weight loss. If you do remove it, save all the parts as you may be reinstalling it later due to emissions changes where you need it. Personally I would just leave it in place if all is well.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Emissions testing is done on a state-by-state basis, and sometimes at the county level. Do your research about what your specific locale does for emissions testing and go from there.

There is a ton of information on this subject, but we're not going to discuss it here.

Congrats on the new car! Make sure the oil pump drive has been updated before it fails and destroys your engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.