2005 Passat TDI Wagon

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta 1998, A4 Jetta 2001
2005 Passat TDI Wagon - Nashville TN

EDIT :This was my sisters wagon since 20,000 miles. I bought this from her and drove it a little the last year and a half. It still has less than 150,000 miles. It's time for the balance shaft delete or upgrade I think. It recently started shaking a little more at low rpms -- nice and smooth at higher rpms still so I parked it. Asking $6000 obo. I have an alh oil pump. If you buy the car and want to do the balance shaft delete, you can do it in my shop. I have too many cars and don't have time to do it and I want to invest in my old 4x4 truck that needs a lot of work. And i know if i do i'll want to keep the car :) Email me for pics.
Here is the original post:
My sister is selling her 2005 TDI Passat wagon. She wants something that seats 7. It has been in the family since it had 20,000 miles and has been perfectly maintained with VW spec oil.
The timing belt was done by MoGolf i believe at 100,000 . It has lifetime warranty RAxles. The dealer replaced the turbo at 75,000 miles (probably unnecessarily). I just replaced the 300.00 turbo boost hose from turbo to intercooler pipe this week. Really, that hose was 300.00 after tax at the dealer and that was the shop price.
We also did all the brake pads and I believe rotors last month and did a power flush with my cool new power bleeder.
1 month ago the transmission was rebuilt as it wouldn't go in reverse. That was 2500.00 and done by a great transmission guy here in Nashville who does a lot of VW and Audi and Mercedes. It still has 11 months on the warranty. It shifts perfect and drives perfect.
I replaced the radiator about 6 months ago with a brand new one. Also, the upper boost hose elbow was replaced a year ago and the other boost hose on the intercooler side was replaced last year.
All the glow plugs and computer tune for updated glowplugs were done this week at dealer under the recall. It has Yakima roof rack bars. It has the gorilla gear rear cargo cover mat and the rear sliding cover to hid your stuff in the trunk area.
Maintenance wise, this thing is ready for the road. It's never seen any wvo (but it would if i bought it :D). Its loaded with heated leather seats and radio controls on steering wheel, Monsoon sound system. Email me and i'll send you pics.
The car is in Nashville, Tn. Asking $11500.00. Email peterspeltz@gmail.com or call or text 615-585-2715 . Thanks.

Last edited:

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
Its an automatic. Not sure about the balance shaft problem. Do you have a link to it?

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow Nice. Thanks. Maybe MoGolf did it when he did the timing belt. But i doubt it. What is the failure rate I wonder? I'll have to keep reading.

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah. So the word from my brother in law is that MoGolf said he didn't recommend doing it at the time he did the timing belt at 100,000.

Don't everyone jump on this at once. Any serious offers will be considered. If you want a luxurious family wagon or utility wagon, these are about as nice as they get. I definitely like it better than my old 1987 MB 300TD. The ride is a big step up from the A4s too.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I love wagons and passats, but this is a tough crowd with the whole BSM issues. Good luck with the sale.

Alchemy

Veteran Member
TDI
None thanks to dieselgate
Have any of the expensive front suspension components been replaced yet? That will be another 2k in the next few years. That plus the balance shaft, as-is this sounds like a $7500 car.

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
Have any of the expensive front suspension components been replaced yet? That will be another 2k in the next few years. That plus the balance shaft, as-is this sounds like a $7500 car.
Nope. Yeah that is one complicated front suspension. I say a new rebuilt tranny is worth more than a the balance shaft delete as you can always do a bsd yourself a lot easier than a transmission rebuild. And given this is a nice gls with other new expensive parts the nada blue book of around 10500.00 seems about right.

I'm just going to buy it for 8000. It's a damn nice car and I've loved driving it the past month. Super roomy. Air bags everywhere. I could use a good diesel daily driver now. It's a little rich for my blood but I'll survive :)

Thanks for the feedback. And good luck finding you cheap passat wagons.

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll sell you mine for 8k, with BSM already done, suspension done, brakes done.
Lol. This has got to be the least successful for sale thread in history. Thanks but no thanks. Does yours have a new tranny? Radiator? How many miles? Is it a gls ? What color? Yakima roof rack and luggage and bike carriers? Lifetime raxles?

I can do a bsm delete. It's not too hard is it?

biopete

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat for sale again $6000 obo

I bought this car and drove it a year off and on. Its time for the balance shaft delete or upgrade. I have enough cars so if someone wants to get this it will be a good deal. Its a gls , grey leather, rebuilt transmission 5000 miles ago about. Its got about 150,000 on it . Always had the right oil and been in the family since it had 20,000 miles on it. Lots of new parts. It drives awesome. I have to many cars and want to invest the money in my new shop.

Email me and I can email pics.