Any VW's with Chris Farnham

BurlingtonVW

Vendor
TDI
1957 23 window bus, 1959 westy, 63 bug, 65 bug, 66 double cab truck, 68 bug convertable, 68 transporter
Hey everybody. For anyone who was dealing with Chris Farnham and ordering/locating a vehicle or was about to order/locate a vehicle, Burlington VW is still here. We have had a lot of phone calls/emails/online chat requests from TDI club members with questions about what is happening next. So if anybody is in need of assistance to tie up any loose ends with what was going on, please contact me. Thanks everybody for your patience as we go through this tough time together.

Dave Pittman
Burlington VW
4500 Rt 130
Burlington NJ 08016
609-386-0084 ext 229
dpittman450@gmail.com

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Chris will be a hard act for any salesman to follow. But, for what is is worth: A couple years ago, prior to Chris moving to Burlington VW, I purchased from Burlington VW a used A5 (It was a bit of an odd purchase anyway). Sales manager Mannino & I made the arrangements over the phone, the car was exactly as represented, they had the car out & ready, easy inspection & verification. Manager Mannino gave the sale to one of his staff to administer. I was on my way within an hour. During that hour I saw another happy used car buyer depart in his new to him 2 door Gold TDI. It was among the easiest car purchases I ever made. To manager Mannino & the Burlington family: Thank you for providing a home and employment to Chris for his last years. The group here at Fred's are good people. Hopefully, you will be able to carry Chris' legacy forward.

BurlingtonVW

Vendor
TDI
1957 23 window bus, 1959 westy, 63 bug, 65 bug, 66 double cab truck, 68 bug convertable, 68 transporter
Thanks for the kind words Bob! Alex Mannino is still the boss here so you can expect the same great service. We can never replace Farnham, but we hope to continue his legacy and get all the TDI club members great deals and great service.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
thankfully for me I was able to pickup my car and spend some time with Chris about a month ago Very Sad......love my Tornado Red Jetta SEL TDI

Last edited:

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Chris was a stand up guy and a real asset to the VW brand.

He will be missed. God speed Chris !

BurlingtonVW

Vendor
TDI
Copied this from a post on Club Touareg

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the kind words about Chris. One of the members put it best on the phone today when he said "Chris might not have a family, but we (tdi club and club touareg) are his family." Even in his worst health, he always had a smile and never let it show he was having a bad day.

On a lighter note, after tons of emails and phone calls I received today regarding a scholarship fund or something of the sort in Chris Farnham's memory, I think it is a great idea and something that Chris would really appreciate it. There's a few details involved here, and I'm going away on a much needed vacation next week, so just bare with me here for a little bit and I'll get some details out to you ASAP on how you all can help! Thanks so much for your generosity! God bless!

As Chris would say, "your friend in the industry",

Dave Pittman
Burlington VW
4500 Rt 130
Burlington NJ 08016
609-386-0084
609-386-6087- fax
dpittman450@gmail.com

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
A scholarship in Chris' honor & memory would be fitting. Might a suggest a student studying in the fields of customer service, sales, or automotive engineering.

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Ditto:

Something in the Automotive Sales and Marketing Field or Automotive Engineering discipline.

It would be very nice to see VWOA and VW Finance step up to the plate financially and assist in establishing an annual scholarship fund for him.

Chris was an asset to the VW brand here in North America.

TDI_Rocks

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta TDI Cup Car Laser Blue
Chris sold us our TDI Cup car, went out of his way to find the one we wanted and when we drove from CT to pick it up he gave us a bag of pretzels to take home, on top of that his price was not to be beat!!! RIP Chris, you were the best!!

closs2sx

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI
Chris sold me my 2010 when he was at Langhorne and I followed him to Burlington when I bought my 2014 in Nov. Both Times he pulled some strings to make it Happen I will never be able to replace the friendship I had with him and there will be no other salesman that will replace him.
Monica and I will miss you Chris ....God speed.