No dash lights no start.... please help

Slappy26

TDI
2002 automatic
02 tdi auto. Car cranks and fires but stops as if in immobilized mode but the ONLY light on the dash working is the battery light. I had it hooked to another car with cables but no help. Can it be in immobilized mode without any lights showing? I hooked code reader (not vag com) and it didn't see any codes. I put a new 109 relay in it with no change in performance. Fuel needle doesn't move, power windows don't work but interior lights do. Nothing on dash or radio aside from battery light

rallywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '00 Jetta
- Make sure the transmission is in Park.

- Make sure you have a proper starting key with chip embedded. (not just a door key)

- Check power to the fuel cut-off solenoid on the injection pump...might be able to feel it "click" when the key turned on.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
The good news is if it’s a beetle it takes about 10 minutes or less to swap the cluster. I have no idea what’s involved in swapping the cluster on a “2002 automatic”.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The good news is if it’s a beetle it takes about 10 minutes or less to swap the cluster. I have no idea what’s involved in swapping the cluster on a “2002 automatic”.

12 minutes. :p

But obviously it would need to be reset and paired to the car, and that can take a bit longer depending on what software you are using and how skilled you are at using it.