Theft locking module/ open door

stevieotto2

TDI
2006 jetta
Hey guys, so to start off my TDI is an 06 jetta 183k miles... It has been going through batteries about every 4-6 months, i drive the car daily 62 miles, but after sitting over night it has been very weak or not enough juice to crank in the AM before work... With that being said, i know there are wiring issues... next while driving the light on the dash would come on saying there was a door open, i narrowed it down to the passenger side front door, put a new latch in 5 months ago and the issue stopped for around 4-6 weeks and it was back again :( i also hooked up a volt meter and found it had a stupid large draw, and after further research a previous owner had put in some sorta cell phone reception thing on the passenger side and i ripped it all out last night, and it made my draw go down almost a whole amp, but im still having a draw issue, id post numbers with this put as i was setting the meter up to leave over night i popped the fuse. ANYWAY.. back on track to the posting title.. if my car is off/not running and saying if im even listening to the radio i can hear a clicking behind the glove box about every 20 seconds or so, so logically last night i took the glove box off and found out its the theft module (1K0959433CD) is the number on the module. My question is, is it normal for these to be clicking like that? And possibly causing my car to think the door is "open"? i have had the outer shell and inner shell off twice looking for wire breaks and within the door jam as well and cant find anything. AND it will periodically set off the alarm, ive hooked a few higher end scanners up(a good friend is a mechanic at a non vw dealer) to it and im not finding really any issues with electrical. My next question is, can i pick up a new "theft module" and pop it in? or do i have to take it to a VW dealer to have it programmed? Im really at a loss and its getting really annoying as i cant figure it out.

stevieotto2

TDI
2006 jetta
EDIT--- UPDATE after waiting for the car to "fall asleep" my meter has been jumping around like crazy from 1.71 all the way down to .007 amps... i decided to start pulling fuses. I unhooked my XM in the trunk and it drastically lowered my draw down to a max of .72(still bouncing of course) so then i pulled the front door central locking fuse with no change... also pulled the radio fuse with no change. I then next pulled the "front power windows" fuse and my draw went to 0.00... so of course i was happy to find the draw,(and on my last scan with a tool it popped a code for passenger front window motor) but my next question would be, do i replace the window motor or the module inside the door?... also i hope this helps anyone that is having the same draw issue!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Now the bad news. The module is built into the motor.

Off topic I know, but could you use capitalization, proper punctuation and paragraph breaks please? I had to stop reading your first post about half way through because it was just to much work and giving me a headache.......

Last edited:

stevieotto2

TDI
2006 jetta
Sorry for the poor grammar, but i was trying to get everything typed as I was thinking it. But anyway, yes I know it is a whole piece (module and motor). Would anyone be parting out a 06 jetta on here and have that piece?