What did you do to your car today?

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Just finished

1. wash

(4 bucket system: 1 bucket, diluted car soap: 3 buckets clear water: after soap loaded towel is used on the cars surface, it is dipped in the first clear water bucket, wrung out, dipped in 2nd bucket, wrung out, then back into dilute car wash to load it with soap. 3rd clear water is to replace usually the first dirty clear water bucket that gets FILTHY. ) It is truly amazing how much dirt sits on the car, aka picked up by 100% cotton toweling.

2. dry (HUGE 100% cotton bath towel did most of the work)

3. Zaino'ed

4. wiped down all internal surfaces

5. checked all fluids.

6. topped tire pressure from 36 psi to 38 psi. (85% of max side wall pressure)

7. chip work

Last edited:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Cleaned the interior...installed new r32 mats, shifter and logo on the wheel. Also installed my summer tires and rims and painted the calibers.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Savageman69 said:
Cleaned the interior...installed new r32 mats, shifter and logo on the wheel. Also installed my summer tires and rims and painted the calibers.

Very nice looking car, I especially like the wheels. Be careful though and check to see you didn't put in some Toyota floor mats unless you drive fast a lot then you can tell the police it's the floor mats;)

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
fitted a new wietec shock and spring kit feels like stock over bumps but drops it by 40mm really chufed just need to get my refurbed rs8 steel grey alloys on and i can get back to more power mods;)

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
cog said:
fitted a new wietec shock and spring kit feels like stock over bumps but drops it by 40mm really chufed just need to get my refurbed rs8 steel grey alloys on and i can get back to more power mods;)

Gotta love 4 door Golfs!!!! :D

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sootman said:
Very nice looking car, I especially like the wheels. Be careful though and check to see you didn't put in some Toyota floor mats unless you drive fast a lot then you can tell the police it's the floor mats;)
Thanks alot man lol.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
dieselpower04 said:
Gotta love 4 door Golfs!!!! :D
trust me yes you do love 4 door golfs when you have newborn twins to get in and out , :cool:

and at least when you have to give your chicks fat friend a lift i dont have to get out to shoe horn her in thats one plus point :D

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
An interior to be proud of Savageman69. Love the R32 pedals and wheel!!

RC's look great too!

Congrads!!

Last edited:

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 5sp, 2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
Dropped the trans fluid that I put a little Auto RX in a thousand miles ago and replaced it with Redline MTL.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
tothemax said:
An interior to be proud of Savageman69. Love the R32 pedals and wheel!!

RC's look great too!

Congrads!!
Thanks alot man..makes driving the car so much better when you love the look. The wheel button is actually a sticker made by a member on this site its black with brushed aluminum matches trim perfectly. The cars on stand still at the moment due to being laid off but i hope to finish the interior and fix some flaws on the outside as well.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Summer biolines back on. I put about 5,000 miles on the 15" WS-60s, loved every storm that I had to face and still was able to get 43-46mpg hand calculated all winter long.

I wiped down the interior and ordered a trunk net on the cheap from ECS.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Took parts up to the body shop for IBW and got the insurance estimate. $4,800. The adjuster said any higher and he'd have to total the car. I didn't want that.

I'm taking the opportunity to fix some other stuff. I'm putting a new fender on the passenger side--rust. And insurance wouldn't cover a steering rack, but word is that it would probably fail soon after being traumatized in the accident, so they're putting a new rack in. And they're painting the rest of the front clip to get rid of stone chips, taking a dent out of a rocker panel.

It'll look nice when it's done, but I still could have skipped this. I'm driving the M-B around these days.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Finally got caught up on a few things with the Jetta last night.

Washed the car and pulled the snow tires to install the 17" Exor rims for summer. Did an oil change for the first time in about a year or so. And threw a coat of rain-x on the windshield.

Also figured out that the fluttering sound I was getting under high boost was the result of compression leaking past an injector. So I loosened and retorqued the hold down bolt. Hoping that resolves it, or I'll try replacing the sealing washer next.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Probably not supposed to mention this here, but new dampers and tires for the Benz arrived today. Both will go on this weekend.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Temporary fix #2 on my plastic trim steering column surround pieces: I bought 2 rubber plugs (9/16 x 3/8)-69 cents each at Home Depot. I cut 1/4" off the wide end,then stuffed them in the holes on the bottom piece.I then started the drywall screw into each one-I'll see how long this holds up. Better than paying over $120 for the 2 pieces at dealer.No luck on finding good used ones yet.....

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Finally got a chance to play with the new 2003 Jetta.

Installed wiring for the Valentine One under the headliner. Installed the ECS Tuning fog light harness after extending the wire length for the right fog. Installed the battery CORRECTLY so the battery cover actually fits. Cleaned the snowscreen. Trimmed the lower grilles to clear the FMIC pipes and reinstalled them.

Brake bleed all around as the car has never had one. Hopefully it fixes the left front caliper that occasionally sticks. New set of SS brake lines and caliper standing by just in case.

Installed the Dieselgeek Panzer skid plate. This was a Biotch due to the way the FMIC pipe is bent on the left side. What was Eurojet thinking? :( :mad: Had to get inventive with the mounting for the support on that side. I suspect that Whitbread will be bending a new pipe to make the clearance better.

Looked at the rear fog harness, and quietly put it in the trunk for another day.

Last edited:

firecrow

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
Cleaned the garage out. The wife and I actually filled a dumpster to the top with ****. The garage was our garbage pit for boxes and discarded non-rotting type stuff. I also found stuff I thought I'd lost years ago!

Now I can park the B5 INSIDE! YAAAAAAAAA!

itchytweed

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
1) Removed winter boot scuffs from doors and entryways with toothbrush and OxyClean.
2) Put in Silverstars for the low beams (Fat hands and no room:mad:).

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Took off the Winter Newbeetle Alloys.. and put on the Summer Steelies with Picklecaps...