Less Than a Car Payment

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
The Upsolute Chip Software Upgrade is an outstanding value that Valois and his Team are offering for less than a car payment.

What this means is that if your car is paid for, the Upgrade is free!

Benefits of this Upsolutely amazing upgrade are:

* Smoother Idle
* Advanced Injection Pump Timing - 4*
* Less Soot in Your Engine
* Improved Throttle Response at Low RPM's
* More Power off the Line
* Immediate Pickup For Passing on Highway
* Extended High-RPM Range
* Less Shifting
* Lower Possibility of Lugging Engine
* Zero Turbo Lag
* Quieter Running Engine
* Better MPG if the Go-Pedal is not Abused
* Happier Spouse
* Upgrade is transparent to the Dealer

------------------
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed: Silver & Gray / Luxury & CWP, Monsoon & CD. Engine Modifications

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Ric:

I've never made payments on Ol' Silver either and have zero debt.

Isn't it Upsolutely marvelous?

------------------
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed: Silver & Gray / Luxury & CWP, Monsoon & CD. Engine Modifications

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
P.S. Ric - If you don't have a car payment, then you're not entitled to any of the "Benefits of this Upsolutely amazing upgrade."

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
P.P.S.

I should apologize for not giving the otter equal swimming time. If it'd make anyone feel better, you can always send otteinger 2 - 3 car payments and get less performance.

In the Upsolute's case, less = more.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Paid off our home last year and I don't have a house payment, but I still like living here. And even without a car payment, I would say that the Upsolute tuning chip upgrade is the best possible upgrade on the TDI. Anyone who is considering the possibility should get off the fence and buy this product. You'll be glad you did.

------------------
Driv'n EZ (David) & Mz. Sue
"Magic Dragon" is a 2K Silver/Black Jetta GLS Lux CD UpSolute Software & TB, Descreened, PCV snorkel, Ram Air Intake, Red Enamel Calipers, confirmed member of the Epsilonian Empire

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
I am not a TDI owner yet but have been following Fred`d great page for a few months now in preparation for the eventual ownership of one of these fine machines, in fact I owe a great deal of gratitude to you guys for helping me out in my understanding and searching for the right car for me and my family.

Our search has finally come to a close and we will be taking possession of our `96 Passat TDI Wagon in a week or so, I have never been so excited about owning a vehicle in my life.
We know how rare these cars are and want to take good care of it so it will serve us well for many years to come and because it is a piece of machinery worthy of nothing but the best of care.

I am planning on having the performance mods that many of you have done to your cars but I want to spend a litle time with it in the stock form so I can really appreciate the added performance and economy once we make the change.

Herein lies my problem. I am not well versed at all in mechanics, only enough to appreciate this engineering marvel and the potential to make it an even more exciting machine. Adhering to the good advice that due care must be taken when having these performance mods done, it would be shere autocide to attempt to do these myself as most of you folks have done.

What should I do and where could I go to get these modifications done by someone who really knows what they are doing and can give me the advice I need to perform the simple maintenance required to keep this vehicle in the shape it deserves. Any ideas on how much these mods would cost when done by someone who knows their stuff?

I`m in this for the long haul so I`m prepared to do it right and learn as much as my simple understanding of mechanics will allow.

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
RC, welcome to Fred's.

You might re-post your question in a new thread, so that more people see it.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
RC, The Upsolute performance modifications can be done by any of three Upsolute dealers or Valois (screen name). If you are in Maryland, it wouldn't be too hard to get your car down to NC. In fact, why don't you come to the Get together in Burlington, NC on December 15, 16. There is information on the club, gathering section of the forum. Two guys who do the work will be there, and many others who have mechanical know how. Personally, I'm mechanically challenged, too. But I recognize competency when I see it. Good luck. David

------------------
Driv'n EZ (David) & Mz. Sue
"Magic Dragon" is a 2K Silver/Black Jetta GLS Lux CD UpSolute Software & TB, Descreened, PCV snorkel, Ram Air Intake, Red Enamel Calipers, confirmed member of the Epsilonian Empire

henryp

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 NB TDI
I heartily agree with the recommendation that the Upsolute upgrade is worthwhile. It makes the car a lot more fun and much better to drive. Just a few differences of opinion, though:

Turbo Steve>>* Smoother Idle
I'm experiencing a slightly louder idle, though not any smoother - it's not any rougher either

T.S.>>* Less Soot in Your Engine
I can't see that one. The Upsolute chip makes more smoke than the stock chip, so how can your engine run cleaner with less soot (unless you include the [illegal] EGR modification)

T.S.>>* Zero Turbo Lag
True if the turbo is already spinning fast, but I've actually experienced a bit more turbo lag
when accelerating from low RPM (about 1200 rpm) I wonder what's up with that?

T.S.>>* Better MPG if the Go-Pedal is not Abused
I haven't seen any increase in MPG yet, but I'm still hoping for a lower fuel bill.

Otherwise, Turbo Steve is right on the money.
I especially like the fact that the car is quieter, smoother, and more effortless on the highway.

Buy the Upsolute upgrade - you'll be happy you did.

henry

[This message has been edited by henryp (edited November 21, 2000).]

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Thanks HenryP!

Since the Upsolute Chip advances the injection pump's timing by about 4*, the engine has more time in the ignition cycle to burn the fuel, creating a little less soot (unburned fuel / blowby), more power on the same amount of fuel injected, and a more efficient burn for hopefully slightly better MPG.

This is one major reason why I believe this Chip is very efficient, just like our TDI engine was designed with efficiency in mind.

Henry - In essence, the Upsolute Chip is probably simply adjusting the timing back to where the Europeans have it, instead of the retarded detuned position that we in North America get to satisfy VW's advertising ploy with emissions.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
RC
Passat Wagon?!!! Person after own heart!!

My suggestion is get together with some of the folks on the forum, In MI we've had a few GTG's that have been fantastic learning experiences plus the benefit of meeting some real talented folks!
Email Go Faster...he just upsoluted his Passat!

------------------
96 Passat Wett Wagon & 00 Golf GLS silver/black upsoluted auto