2011 Jetta Owner's manual options

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
I went thru my owner's manual and lot of stuff there according to the owner's manual. This could mean two things,

1- Someone was too lazy to take them out of the Canadian version manual and just left them there or

2-Somethings to look forward to for the GLI model.

My car is highline, I didn’t have any options to order from so my car should be the top of the line model, but I will list some of the things that my car doesn’t have but the manual has.

1-page 8, multi-function steering wheel control on the right hand side. My car has the stalk, but picture shows the steering wheel control.

2-Page 12 TMPS sensor location, my car doesn’t have it.

3-Page 31 talks about Valet key, but I was told that VW didn’t make it anymore.

4-Page 48, sunroof operation, according to the diagram, it operates like the mk5's for tiling the glass, but in my car you need to tilt the button to tilt the glass, another word, there is no section D according to the little diagram that is provided.

5-Page 50-51 talks about homelink visor, my car didn’t have it.

6-Page 57 Electric power seats, again I thought MK6 Jetta took all the power away and just used manual for everything.

7-Page 120, fig 7 shows Auto and rear fog options, my car doesn’t have these, also tells you if you go over 140km/h lights go on, also talks about AFS.

8-Page 127 rain sensor, my car doesn’t have this.

9- Page 131, auto dimming mirror, my car doesn’t have this.

10-Page 143, trunk shopping bag hook, my car didn’t have this, but I added this as my first mod.

11-Page 159 cooling the glove box with vent, my car doesn’t have this.

12- page 270, fig 145 actually shows 2010 Jetta model and not 2011.

Again this is just to show you the differences. My car is 2011 Jetta Highline TDI, which means it should have all the options. Also there was nothing I could have added on to the list when I ordered the car. If I waited 6 months then I could have had rear leather as opposed to the fake stuff.

I'm not saying anything bad about the car, I love mine. But my issue is with the manual. Don't put things in there that they don’t exist especially when the cover of the manual says “Jetta Owner’s Manual, Canadian edition”

2011TDIowner

TDI
2011 TDI Highline DSG
I agree completely with you. I think they could have done a better job defining what options are associated with the different trim levels. It took me a while to figure out what items applied to my car and what things didn't.

While I bought mine off the show room floor, there was no indication from the sales staff that there were any other possible options available. The Cdn website also does not mention any possible options for the Highline trim apart from the ability to get the automatic tranny (which I have), Nav and leather seats. I would have opted to pay extra to have automatic headlights - a feature that should have been included in a top of the line trim level.

It would be interesting to know if the US models have more flexibility on the options. If not then VW really need to do a manual update.

Did they include the block heater cord at no cost for your car? When I got mine, I had assumed it would have been included as it has a custom connector on the car. I contacted the salesman he said that they would make sure I got one. When the dealership investigated this, they found that VW had made the adapter cord and optional accessory on the 2011's and that they cost ~$130 to buy. Obviously another way to shave a few bucks off the list price. The dealership were however good to their word and gave it to me at no cost. Something that anyone buying these cars needs to make sure they factor in as part of their negotiations.

I now have 3000 Kms on my car and love it. I have absolutely no regrets with my decision. The few minor points which could have been better handled by VW would have made the process a bit more pleasurable. I've certainly seen worse when buying other cars in the past.

2011TDIowner

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
I agree completely with you. I think they could have done a better job defining what options are associated with the different trim levels. It took me a while to figure out what items applied to my car and what things didn't.

While I bought mine off the show room floor, there was no indication from the sales staff that there were any other possible options available. The Cdn website also does not mention any possible options for the Highline trim apart from the ability to get the automatic tranny (which I have), Nav and leather seats. I would have opted to pay extra to have automatic headlights - a feature that should have been included in a top of the line trim level.

It would be interesting to know if the US models have more flexibility on the options. If not then VW really need to do a manual update.

Did they include the block heater cord at no cost for your car? When I got mine, I had assumed it would have been included as it has a custom connector on the car. I contacted the salesman he said that they would make sure I got one. When the dealership investigated this, they found that VW had made the adapter cord and optional accessory on the 2011's and that they cost ~$130 to buy. Obviously another way to shave a few bucks off the list price. The dealership were however good to their word and gave it to me at no cost. Something that anyone buying these cars needs to make sure they factor in as part of their negotiations.

I now have 3000 Kms on my car and love it. I have absolutely no regrets with my decision. The few minor points which could have been better handled by VW would have made the process a bit more pleasurable. I've certainly seen worse when buying other cars in the past.

2011TDIowner
I call BS on that cable! did you call VWoC? i got mine for free, i have highline and i think you do as well. My cable was in the trunk. Last year we got the 2010 Golf highline and that cable was free as well.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I'm not saying anything bad about the car, I love mine. But my issue is with the manual. Don't put things in there that they don’t exist especially when the cover of the manual says “Jetta Owner’s Manual, Canadian edition”
VW decontented the car and forgot to decontent the manual.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
VW decontented the car and forgot to decontent the manual.
i think they were just lazy, some places i can actually see the 2010 pictures of the car and not the new one.

Ohh well, i never read the manual. Still love this car. ohhh its got hill hold future for 2 seconds and i didnt see it anywhere on the manual.

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
I'm impressed, you actually read through a lot of the manual?

Too funny on all those items... especially a pic of the 2010 model lol.

dr_p

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Wolfsburg Golf
it also shows climatronic HVAC controls and park distance control sensors (don't remember the page)

same thing happened when I had my 06 golf, the manual didn't say to use 505.01 oil, while alot can be learned reading it, it does introduce some confusion

perhaps these will be options on the hybrid?

Jeff's TDI

TDI
'02 Golf & '11 Jetta
I too just got my 2011 TDI w/nav pack. I have found MANY things that the manual lists, but the car doesn't have. But while shopping, I test drove a wagon, because they didn't have any sedans on the lot. The wagon I drove DID have a power Driver's seat, the multifunction steering wheel with controls on both sides, the garage door opener sunvisor... And it wasn't a navigation equipped car. I think maybe this manual covers both the sedan and the wagon, which seem two be to completely different animals. Are there any wagon owners out there that can confirm?

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
The manual covers all Jetta sedans worldwide. The Euro Jetta sedan can come with the added features. It's just too bad that the manual doesn't make it clear.

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
The section on towing isn't supposed to be there as well. I got into an exchange of emails with a rep from Volkswagen Canada about it. She says that the reason it is there is that the manual covers all Jetta models around the world. Towing would apparently affect warranty coverage.

When I asked why the manual said "Canadian Edition" on it and still had all of these references to towing I didn't get an answer. I suggested that it sounds like an implied warranty would apply. If you can't rely on the manual it shouldn't be included. Or they should remake it and issue a recall to send out the corrected version to owners.

Mo_Focus: How did you add the shopping hook? Aftermarket or taken from a previous year's model?

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
The section on towing isn't supposed to be there as well. I got into an exchange of emails with a rep from Volkswagen Canada about it. She says that the reason it is there is that the manual covers all Jetta models around the world. Towing would apparently affect warranty coverage.

When I asked why the manual said "Canadian Edition" on it and still had all of these references to towing I didn't get an answer. I suggested that it sounds like an implied warranty would apply. If you can't rely on the manual it shouldn't be included. Or they should remake it and issue a recall to send out the corrected version to owners.

Mo_Focus: How did you add the shopping hook? Aftermarket or taken from a previous year's model?
stole it from my 06 before it went in for trade in! :)

Hellfire

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Jetta TDI Highline
I picked up a shopping bag hook from the dealer. Cost me around $25 for the hook and the screws and was pretty easy to install, the holes are all there. Just need a screw driver and since the trunk is huge you might as well just get in lol.