Fritz after 50K

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Rolled over 50k a day or so ago. Figured I'd snap a few pics as I haven't done that yet.

Roof rack is a set of Whispbars and bike carriers are Yakima ForkLifts. 15's just make sense for me economically and better in the places I usually end up. I don't think they look bad at all!

Last edited:

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
It is, I love the look of that decal on the 3 door Golf. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Picked up a new toy from a local boat rental. They were considering selling it to another company, but I nabbed it first!

Got it all cinched down to the Whispbars and decided to take it easy on the way home. After 5 miles It felt so secure I jumped on the highway and got up to 70 to see how stable it was. Never even budged!

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
More canoe shenanigans. Headed up to rim country for some weekend camping with friends/family.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
70k and it runs like a top. Got around 35mpg up and down the mountains and trails up near Payson.

Canary5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/ Tech Pkg. Malone Stage II
What steelies are those? I picked up a set from tire rack with some winter tires and want to know what center caps will fit.

Canary5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/ Tech Pkg. Malone Stage II
By the way, I am also a fan of Portal. (look closely at the edges of the glass.
[/URL][/IMG]

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
Looks good with mud on it lol mine looked similar after driving Going to the Sun Road last month in Glacier....the first 10miles of the road was wet gravel due to road work.

Glad to hear the Golf is running well. 35mpg with that set-up is not bad at all, I've seen 35-36 with two bikes on a hitch rack and a fully loaded car, but I did have a pretty strong headwind.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
What steelies are those? I picked up a set from tire rack with some winter tires and want to know what center caps will fit.
They are the stock steelies VW puts on the base model Golf. Picked em up at 15 bucks each from my dealer ;)
The center caps came from a Tiguan.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Also was pretty surprised with the mileage, considering all the hills I'm really impressed.