Crazy Electrical Problems

Homo.Sapien

Veteran Member
TDI
Just bought the Micro Can and the Bentley manual for my 2009 Tdi. My problems started with the R rear door not opening or locking all the time. Now the truck won't open consistently and when it does the light flickers on the way up but won't stay on. If the doors are locked and open trunk the beep sounds and if close without unlocking doors goes into panic mode until you unlock.

When the truck won't open, error message appears on dash: License plate lights not working and R backup too.

Other times everything is OK.

I'm going to start by resetting all parameters to factory and see if there are error codes. One of Grossman's boys had fiddled with the factory settings about 2 years ago, but have had no problems until recently.

Is there a body control module on these cars? Any ideas how to fix this?

Homo.Sapien

Veteran Member
TDI
That is an excellent thought! It still starts great etc. How else does a battery go bad besides dead?

Homo.Sapien

Veteran Member
TDI
Just called O'Reillys and Lou said he has seen bad reactions to low voltage on newer cars. Makes good sense. Hope that's all it is.

If I have to replace I'm going with the absolute highest output battery I can fit in there. Wouldn't do to have it go out on a regen.

Matt65

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG
Have the battery load tested before replacing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Sounds like a grounding problem. Too many items going wonky at the same time. An easy test is to run a temporary ground to the trunk lid.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
The rear left door issue is the latch itself, common issue.

The trunk sounds like broken wires in the hinges area, or bad latch, another common issue.

If you scan 09 Central Electronics with VCDS what faults do you have?