How to stream/play music via bluetooth

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
Anyone now how I can set up my 2009 TDI to run Pandora via bluetooth on my car? Tried setting it up by the manual and no luck. Then again, the manual says my phone book will show up but you know thats not the case.

I have a new Droid Eris phone and the bluetooth function works great for phone calls (for the most part) but I can't get the music function to work.

Any ideas?

Thank you!:D

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
This is covered in the Bluetooth FAQ. Do a search for MkV/MkVI Bluetooth FAQ.

In short, it's highly likely you can't do what you're asking..

jjohns72

TDI
2006 pkg 1 5sp
Yeah, thats probably bad news for you...It seems that VW is really jerking us all around with the bluetooth on the 10. I guess i lucked out because the phonebook works fine on mine but i cant stream music via my phone. Oh well...the SD card reader works great. I guess wanting all of our options that we paid for to work is asking too much.

ncvw97

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6-spd Manual TDI
Most of my past vehicles had good factory bluetooth but have to admit the VW set up isn't very good (worst I have had anyway). I wish my 09 had the SD card option. Just the phone book read out would be nice, especially when the manual and dealers said it would be there. Oh well, all the other great features(mainly one...diesel) let me look over the little frustrating things.

Just wish the bluetooth & voice recognition worked as well as it was advertised......